My Own Phone!

~Sarah's POV~

When I woke up the next day Tabitha wasn't next to me so I freaked out and ran into the living room. When I got in there she was entertaining herself by playing pony. When I saw her I smiled and laughed at her cuteness. She smiled and ran over to me and hugged my legs.

"What were you doing exactly Tabitha?" I asked sitting down and smiling brightly. I think looking at my little sister makes everyday a good day. Tabitha shrugged.

"I don't know I was just bored." Tabitha said. I laughed and got up and started walking towards the room when my stomach growled and I frowned and walked back into the living room. I looked at Tab with those eyes I give her when I leave. She frowned and started pouting. I picked Tabitha up and carried her to the closet and placed her in there. She cried and hugged my legs I cried and pushed her away and closed the closet door.

When I got outside it was sprinkling and I ran inside and grabbed my coat and old broken umbrella. I wet back outside and started for the one place I knew I would get food. I walked strait for Sadie's Kitchen For Homeless People and Children. I ran there and greeted a lady that worked there and she was like my friend. I went to find Sadie, the owner, and see her. She is like my second, maybe actual, mom. Sadie actually invited me and Tabitha to live with her until we get on or feet but I refused. I kept running through the store saying hello to everyone until I got to her office.

"Hey Sadie!" I said waving and smiling. She looked up and saw me and smiled and hugged me.

"Hey Sarah! How are you and Tabitha doing?" Sadie asked looking at me. I shrugged.

"Ok I guess we have enough. Tabitha enjoys her life." I said walking over to her desk and rubbing my hands over a picture of Sadie's family. I sniffed and sat down in Sadie's chair.

"I just hate seeing us live like this though. I don't know what to do." I said about to cry. Sadie came to me and put me in her lap and cuddled with me.

"I know it's bad right now but you'll make it, promise. Come live with me honey, like I offered you." Sadie said softly looking at me. I shook my head.

"No, thank you, Mrs. Sadie we will manage. I think I don't want to bother anyway." I said getting up and walking to the door. She nodded and walked with me to the kitchen.

"Okay Sarah now lets get your usual and then I have a surprise for you that will be very useful to you." Sadie said smiling. I nodded and skipped to the kitchen. She got my usual and then we went to her office again. She dug in her purse until she found what she needed. She smiled and slowly pulled out a phone! I squealed and ran and grabbed it and hugged Sadie. She laughed and smiled.

"I put my number on it so if you need anything just call me up ok?" Sadie said smiling. I was so mesmerised by the phone all I did was nod and smile big. She gave me a chat her and batteries. I looked at her confused.

"What are these for?" I asked pointing at the batteries.

"If you don't have a plug that works you use the batteries. That phone uses both." Sadie said smiling. I hugged her again and grabbed our food and ran out. I raced home and smiled, even on a gloomy day like this.

*****

When I reached home I raced inside and put the food on the old table and ran for the bedroom. When I got in there and opened up the closet Tabitha burst out like alway and hugged me and the routine continues. I showed Tabitha the phone and she just loved it to death. I laughed at her happiness towards the phone.

We ate lunch after I finally got the phone away from Tabitha. We talked about things we know and just being sisters. We can't fight because I'm the only one who takes care of her and if we yell and fight there is no way we will stop. Yeah we get mad every once and awhile like sisters and siblings but we never really FIGHT. I looked at Tabitha and then looked at my phone to check the time. It was already 6:30. I got up and put my bag in the garbage can. I looked at Tab and gave into her big sweet brown eyes. I put Tabitha's coat on her and got mine and we went for a long walk. We do these when we want to pass the time.

"Hey Sarah?" Tab asked looking up at me. I looked down at her.

"Yes Tabi?" I asked. I have lots of nicknames for her.

"I miss mommy and our old, nice, warm home." Tabitha said frowning and kicking pebbles. I nodded.

"Me too, Tabi." I said looking down. Then while we were walking we happen to get knocked down by a huge truck spewing water and mud all over us. Then five guys started running towards us.

==========================

Hey guys! Who do you think those dudes are? What are they doing? Haha love leaving you with cliff hangers. Well comment and vote on this story. Share with friends too!