two ◆ the most special person

"If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then will you realize how special you are to me."

✖✖✖

○ Taehyung's P.O.V ○

Jungkook was insecure. I saw that; I wasn't an idiot. He was wondering if this whole relationship thing would work, if I'd get scared and back out. I would've told him not to worry but knowing him, that would've made it so much worse. Instead, I just enjoyed being together with him. He was really wonderful. I wished I could just have shouted out to the whole world that this amazing human being was my boyfriend, that he was mine and I'd never let go of him for any reason. But that wouldn't have been such a good thing to do. It was definitely a good idea to wait before telling other people about us. And it wasn't like we had to hide our relationship from our parents, or Jimin or Hoseok.

The entire time I spent at his house, I didn't know if I should kiss him, or not. I thought, maybe it was too early? Maybe he didn't want to kiss me? And more. When I actually kissed him, shortly before I left the house, the way he blushed made any kind of doubts in my mind vanish. He looked surprised, yet happy.

That kiss....was amazing. His lips were really soft and, even if it was just for a few seconds, there was no doubt that he loved it as much as I did. I'd never thought kissing would be so relieving; or would even affect me the slightest. But it did: Expressing my feelings for Jungkook through a kiss made me realize just how strongly I felt about the boy. I'd already known that I liked him in a more than friendly way, that I wanted to date him, but I just then realized exactly how much I liked him. I wouldn't call it love - No, it was too early for that; and love was a big word that I would never carelessly toss around and say to every next best person I meet, as some other people do. But it was very close and kissing him just made me so sure of my feelings...it made me happy. The realization made me happy, the kiss made me happy, Jungkook made me happy.

I sighed, resting my forehead on the table in front of me. I was currently sitting in english class, one of the most boring subjects. I couldn't seem to even concentrate on whatever the teacher was saying; I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, and about how much I liked Jungkook. I was looking forward to seeing him in lunch break, to take him somewhere without people who could see us, and kiss him again.

When the bell finally rang, I jumped up and hurried out of the room as fast as I could, almost running to the cafeteria. I don't think I'd ever been so excited about seeing someone before. When I arrived at the cafeteria, I looked around to see if Jungkook was already there, but I couldn't find him, so I decided to wait. I walked over to Hoseok, Jimin and some of their friends. Namjoon, Seokjin and Yoongi, I believe.

"Hey," I said, sitting next to my best friend. He smiled at me, "Hey, where's Jungkook?" I shrugged. "Dunno, haven't seen him yet. I thought that maybe you or Jimin would know." I said, looking at Jimin curiously, who was shaking his head though.

"T-Taehyung?" I suddenly heard a voice call my name from behind me. I recognized that voice to be the cutest voice I'd heard in my entire life, so I turned around, happy to see him, but my smile faded as soon as it was there. I jumped up, eyeing Jungkook, who wasn't looking at me, but I could clearly see the bruise forming around his eye and the blood dripping from his nose. I grabbed his arm, "Jungkook, what happened?"

He winced, before quickly pulling his arm away. "I-I.. Uh." That was all he said before he looked up at me and I saw the tears pouring down his cheeks. I couldn't help myself and immediately wrapped my arms around him tightly, to make him know for sure that he was safe, as he cried into my shirt. "Jungkook, who the hell did that to you?" I almost whispered, feeling myself get angrier every second. Who the fuck dared to hurt him like that?

But he didn't answer, he just softly sobbed and cried into my shirt. I sighed and put my hand on his head, slowly patting his hair. "Shh, it's okay..." I whispered, just realizing that I had completely forgotten that we were standing in the middle of the cafeteria with very, very many people around us, a few staring at us, curious as to what was happening. I pushed Jungkook away from me slightly, took his hand into mine and pulled him out of the cafeteria, outside the building and to the back of the school, where we sat on a bench. I took out a tissue and wiped off the blood on his face, before I threw the tissue away.

"Jungkook, who did that to you?" I repeated. He refused to answer; he didn't even look at me. So we just sat in silence for, I don't even know how long it was. For sure more than five minutes.

"I'm sorry," he finally said. I looked at him and he was smiling, yet he was anything but happy. I could see that in his eyes. They were showing all the pain he was in, which just made me want to hug him and never let go of him. "Why? You have nothing to b-"

"I do," He cut me off. "I'm such a burden. I get beaten up and the first thing I do is go cry to you even though I knew that you didn't want anyone to know about our relationship. I don't wanna push my problems onto you so that you have to deal with them. I'm so sorry, I'll probably never be good enough for a relationship with you. I'll screw up and make you hate me."

I was shocked. How- How could he think that? Why would he think that? He was so special and precious to me, I liked him so much, so damn much. I didn't care about his flaws, because he sure wasn't flawless, but who cares about that? Flawlessly perfect is boring. Flaws are what makes a person. And I loved absolutely everything about Jungkook, flaws or not.

"Don't you dare say that," I said, taking his hand and lacing our fingers together. "Nothing that you could do would make me hate you. Even if you do screw up, I don't care, you're still you and I know that I could never hate an innocent bunny-like person like you. God damn it, Jungkook, I like you so- so freaking much and I don't know what to do to make you know that except for telling you. I don't care what problems you have, I'll help you deal with all of them and I don't see it as a burden, but more as a blessing, that I'm the one who's allowed to be with you and help you. And right now, quite frankly, I don't give a shit if everybody knows we're dating. If they have a problem with it, they can go fuck themselves. We'll work this out together, okay? Now tell me who hurt you because it's making me so damn angry to know that someone dared to do that to you."

He blinked, before nodding. He smiled again and this time, I knew it was genuine. He was blushing the slightest bit when I gave his hand a small squeeze. Then his smile faded as he had to recall the asshole who did that. "It was-" He sighed, "Hana's new boyfriend."

Oh, she had a boyfriend? What a great match they had to be. A bitch and an asshole.

"Who is he?" I asked, squeezing his hand slightly again. He took a deep breath before answering. "Park Kangmin." Oh, I knew that person...he was probably one of the most popular people at our school, and also very strong and muscular. Which was bad. If I were to challenge him, I'd be dead meat afterwards. But I really wanted to pay that bastard back for hurting Jungkook...

And in that moment, I had the best idea on how to do that.