Ch.10 Xx Tougher Than Nails With Hearts Of Gold xX

Ch.10 XxTougher Than Nails With Hearts Of Gold xX

"How much tips you made tonight girl?" GiGi asked me wiping down the counter as the club's hype slowly came to an end.

"Umm...just about  30.Not much. I didn't sell a lot of rinks tonight." I replied.

"You'll get better girl. I remember when I first got here. I didn't make any. You're way better than me." She said throwing washing her hands in the sink.

"You didn't even let me help you clean up." I said.

"It's your first night, what kind of manners would that be."She smiled.

"Well if you say so. Um, how much do we get paid?" I asked her realizing I hadn't asked Slim all of that, I never got the opportunity to.

"What do you mean? Slim hasn't told you?"

"No. Sounds kind of fucked up on my side I know." I chuckled, pulling my fingers through my hair.

She laughed. "Hella fucked up. You need to talk to him girl.I'm only telling you this because I think you cool okay...but if you don't stand up for yourself in here, Ray and his boys will pimp you just like he does these strippers. You gotta tell him what you want."

I nodded, listening to her carefully. "I'm not afraid of him or anything, It's just that he's kind of doing me a favor you know. I don't want to be any ruder to him than I was before." I exhaled. "I really do need this money GiGi, I work two other jobs."

"Lemme' guess, you got a kid?" She said.

I nodded. "Two. Twins." I confessed.

"Damn. You in College?" She asked and I looked at her like she was out of her mind.

"Nah, I want to. That's what the money is for, I'm saving you know. To get up out of the hood."

"Got that shit right. You can say that again. Lord knows I wanna get out of here." She said looking around.

"Well then go Gi. Shit." I jumped , frightened by the voice interrupting our conversation.

"Get your shit and hit the road jack if you don't wanna be here." Slim said like he was joking.

GiGi sucked her teeth. "Shut up Slim. We wasn't even talking to you and you wanna be sliding in our convo. You think you Prince with your jacket all open like that and shit."

I chuckled.

"You a hater." He told her lifting up a lighter out of his pocket and putting a blunt in his mouth.

"Purple rain wannabe looking ass." She said bumping him as she walked out from behind the bar. "Anyway my man's here you want a ride Kharter?" She asked and I shook my head no. I had to stop by Donna's to get my babies and I didn't want her to have to wait on me, and take me home after. I  didn't know her that well and plus I was ashamed of where I lived. I didn't want her to judge me so soon although I didn't have a ride.

"Nah I'm cool." I said to her and she smiled.

"If you sure then okay." She put her hands up. "Imma see you on your next shift tomorrow, remember what I said Aight." She said before she gave me a look , looking at Slim.

"Yeah, I hear you." I replied and she winked before she turned and left.

 I looked at Slim as he blew smoke through his nose. "I gotta go." I said pulling on my jacket and I looked through the glass as the drizzle started to pour outside.

Really God? Is what I wanted to scream.

"You really finna walk in the rain?" He asked and I paused before pushing the door. Sighing and not saying shit to him. I was only trying to be nice to him tonight but he showed his ass and behaved like a complete bitch, when that's supposed to be me.