Middle Of The Night

Lily's POV
I wake with a start, purely exhausted. I can't tell if it's just me, but everything is pitch black. As two sleeping figures begin to form, I infer it has to be nighttime. But nothing is giving me a clue as to my whereabouts. I can now tell that to my right is Harry.
That's so sweet. He really cares. Not that I didn't know that before, but this is an example of the lengths he's willing to go to. The place I'm being held can't be too bad.
The girl on my left surprises me. I don't know why Ari Snape, of all people, is here for me. The fact that she's here after what happened surprises me, not so much as the fact that she's here now. It all makes me wonder if she's been here for me all along. There's no other real reason for her to be with me. From our time as best friends, I know that if she wanted something, she would have just asked or gotten it herself, if it was possible.
The thing is though, I don't question the why of it all. She's a Ravenclaw with a Gryffindor heart for a specific purpose. Her means of a different approaching route show her caring side. She, too, knows that, from our time as best friends, when there is a right reason, I see no means of a wrong one.
She gets to officially be my friend again. I'm not sure if she's high up in the rankings, but, previously knowing her, if she's still the same Ari, she'll be up and at 'em in no time. Ari's just that type of person. My type.
Smiling, I lay back down and drift to sleep with visions of us practicing charms on each other and experiencing our favorite class, Care of Magical Creatures, the past born anew.