Chapter Sixteen.

You're missing me, I'm missing you -Janet Jackson, No Sleep

2 months later,

Cordyn,

Am I doing something wrong?

"You're pissin' me the fuck off" I rubbed my temples

Genai kept accusing me of every little thing- not putting something in the right place, not folding the blanket and putting it back in the bedroom. Not responding back to her, not giving her hugs, not doing this, not doing that. When I speak about something, she gets mad. When I'm on my phone, she gets angry. When I say I'm hungry, she gets furious.

Then she would start to cry, asking if I still love her- of course I do. Her hormones are just out of control.

I would be nice and give her small gifts, give her some kisses, play with her a little bit, touch her sexually- but it seems like she's starting to hold grudges on the little things I did wrong.

"How?" She frowned, putting her hand on her hip

"Please don't act smart wit' me, just don't" I clenched my jaw, "What is your damn problem, Nai?" I asked

"I don't have a problem, you do"

"I got a fuckin' problem? Nah, I don't. Your hormones are out of control and it's frustatin'- I don't want to snap on you, but I'm so close to doin' so" I groaned

"You're not going to do shit, Cordyn. Just leave me the hell alone" She pushed me to the wall

Grabbing her by the arm, I pulled her roughly towards me, "Don't you ever do that shit again, you got that? I ain't puttin' up wit' this shit, you ain't gon' stress me out. This is your second time puttin' your damn hands on me, you got one more time, Genai, I'm not fuckin' playin'!"

She tried taking her arm out my grip, slapping my face. I flared my nose, dropping her arm- I walked out the room, grabbing my car keys.

"Cordyn, where you goin'?" Carter ran to me, tapping my arm

"I'mma be back later, just goin' over to Marcel's house, aight?" I played with his chubby cheek

"Oh otay, I love you" He smiled widely, hugging my legs

"I love you too, lil man" I picked him up, giving him a kiss on his forehead "Be good wit' Genai"

"Yes sir"

I put him down and went to get my jacket. Walking out the house, I headed to the car.

♣♣♣

Lying in the backseat, I played with my phone as the rain seemed to pour down harder. I was at the park and it's some time after 8 o'clock.

All these questions ran through my head- what did I say for her to snap off at me?

What did I do that was so wrong?

Am I not making her happy?

Does she want me to leave?

I'm trying my best for her to have a good and safe pregnancy, for her to be happy all the time- but I can't do that no more. I can't hold her like I used to, I can't make her laugh like I used to, I can't even talk to her like I used to. All I do is stay quiet, argue back, yell- it's no more sweet talk, no more talking sessions. The spark is almost gone.

Tears ran down my cheeks, my chest tightening. I had fallen deep for Genai and my feelings won't ever change- I honestly doubt it would. I love her, I'm in love with her. This whole situation is breaking me down and I have no clue on how to control it.