The Walkouts

^^^^^^^
She doesn't actually say that but she looks like that (Jackie btw)

Enjoy!

Kristen's POV

"It's about Bumper..."

"What about him? What's going on?" I questioned, Nathan appearing beside me with the same worried expression I had.

"He left." Pat stated, frowning.

"What?!" Nathan and I exclaimed, eyes widening and mouth agape.

"What do you mean he left? When did he leave?" Nathan asked, arms crossed in front of his chest.

Pat shook her head before shrugging. "Last night, apparently. I think when everyone was asleep...?" Pat scratched her head, irritated. She hated not knowing anything.

"Where's Jackie?" I asked but I didn't wait for her to answer as I bolted out the room and into Jackie's.

When I opened the door, Jackie was laid on top of the queen-sized bed, quiet sobs escaped her lips as she tightly clutched the pillow against her body like her life depended on it.

"Jackie..." I whispered with a frown as her head turned to face me.

Her eyes were wet with tears, smudged mascara scattered everywhere, and scarlet red rims from crying to much. Her cheeks had tear stains from dried tears while incoming new ones flowed, not stopping at any moment. She had this permanent frown etched on her face as she muttered words that I couldn't understand.

"H-He... h-he c-chose h-his j-job o-over m-me..." She cried, slowly sitting up from her laid position as I went over and sat beside her.

"W-We talked l-last night a-about t-the whole t-thing and w-we fought then... h-he stormed out w-with h-his bags a-and..." she trailed, sobbing.

"Shh... it's going to be fine. Breathe, okay? Jack, you need to breathe. Calm yourself." I said in the softness of manner as I put my arm around her, letting her head rest on my shoulder.

She nodded, starting to calm down as her fast breathing decreased. By the time she completely calmed down, the others entered the room with concerned faces.

I gestured for them to keep quiet as Jackie pulled away from my embrace, putting each of her hands on her face.

"Are you okay?" Pat asked, kneeling in front of the crying girl as I rubbed comforting circles on her back.

"Of course I'm not okay, Pat! Do you see me okay?!" She snapped, wiping her eyes and nose with the back of her hand.

Pat jumped in surprise before muttering, "Sorry."

"Here..." Nathan handed her a box of Kleenex and she took it with the smallest of smiles.

After cleaning herself up with the tissue, she began to tell us about her and Bumper's conversation the night before.

She explained how she asked Bumper where their relationship was going and then they started ending in screaming matches when he told her that it wasn't important to talk about at the moment. When she asked what that meant he said that he didn't want to plan their future ahead of time because it'll only be more complicated, and that's where Jackie guessed that Bumper didn't plan on having a future with her. They're conversation ended in silence as Bumper packed his stuff, called his agent to arrange a flight back to LA, and then left without another word while Jackie cried in the corner.

"So... you two broke up?" I asked, cautiously when she finished elaborating their story.

"I-I don't... I just... I don't know." she shook her head, unsure of her answer as I frowned.