The Telling of Agreement

Kristen's POV

Nathan Gregory had a girlfriend.

Nathan Gregory has a girlfriend.

Nathan Gregory has a secret girlfriend.

I've said it a million times and yet it still sounds so foreign to me. I still can't quite get the concept... I think? I don't know. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

I mean, Nathan wasn't the kind of guy to do this secret-relationship thing.

When we were together, I asked him if he wanted to hide our relationship from the public because of the press and their unstoppable rumours but he decided against it. He said he wanted everyone to know that I was his and he was mine and even if there were rumours, we would always just ignore them.
But, that was then. This is now. Maybe he's changed his mind, considering that both their mothers were business rivals whilst my mother and his mother were the best of friends.

On one hand, I slightly pity them because they couldn't be together, in public and without their parents blessing. But on the other, I think it's for the best since Nathan and I already admitted that we were back together.

But all those aside, I still feel guilty.

If I only knew what situation he was in, I wouldn't have agreed to the agreement.

Are you sure you wouldn't?, my subconscious asked, her eyebrow perked up with sass.

Shut up. , I replied, shoving her out of my thoughts.

She's really a pain sometimes.

The discussion about the trip was very easy and comfortable. Since my mother and father used to go to Rome together for years, they've bought a house there to which where we agreed to stay in for two weeks. Everyone was really excited... maybe a tad nervous for Nathan and I.

After discussing the details of the said trip, Nathan and I felt awkward with each other. When our friends were heading their way out and when Nathan kissed my cheek in front of everybody, there was definitely an awkward tension between us.

I think everyone felt it too because they glanced between us with questioning looks before leaving which made it more awkward.

What if they know we were faking?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a familiar ringtone of my phone sounded.

Of course, me being me, I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"What?" I snapped, not meaning to. I didn't even know where that came from.

A girly chuckle was heard from the other line. "Snappy much?" Jackie's voice sounded as I sighed.

"Sorry." I mumbled, closing my eyes as I sighed again.

"You okay? You sound stressed about something." Jackie asked worriedly, which was her specialty.

A worried Jackie Empire sounded like a worried mother for her child.

"No, no, I'm fine. Just... been thinking." I waved the subject off, praying that she'll let it go.

"That's never good." she joked before asking, "what's up?"

"I... nothing." I shook my head.

"No, there's something. What's been happening? Is it about Nathan?" she asked but I didn't reply.

"I knew it. I felt it before we left earlier, the awkwardness... are you guys okay?" she questioned again.

Oh no. Her questioning mode is on, this isn't good.