Jobs

So being the idiot I am I wrote this whole 2000 word story and then deleted it. And as the lazy person I am I changed the whole story. So that's why it took so long and I am writing a new story called A Dare with the BadBoy if you wanna check it out ;). I will still be updating this story! So so so sorry it took 6 days!

Clary's POV

"Clary, I think it's time you got a job." My mother says to me. We've been arguing about this for hours.

"Why do I need a job mom?" I ask her.

"Because being a shadowhunter doesn't pay the bills." She snaps at me.

"How are you ever going to pay for that apartment of yours if you don't have a job?" She asks me. I roll my eyes at her, even though she's right.

"Where should I even work mom?" I ask her, looking at the newspaper.

"We live in New York! You can get a job almost anywhere!" She says.

I look through the newspaper.

"What about a hotel receptionist?" My mom says, looking over my shoulder.

"Boring." I say flipping the page.

"Car dealer?"

"Even more boring."

"Self defense trainer? It'll be just like shadowhunter training." My mom says.

"Yes, because they will take a short, little, redhead seriously in self defense class." I say sarcastically.

"By the angel Clary! You need a job!" She yells.

I sigh and keep looking.

Movie theater worker? No.

House seller? No.

Walmart worker? Double no.

After about 30 minutes I realize I'm just going in circles. How was it so easy for Jace to find a job? Its so much harder than he said.

I pick up my phone and call Jace.

"Hello?" He says in the phone.

"Hi Jace, where are you?" I ask him.

"At the institute, why?"

"Because I need help finding a job." I say, but it comes out more like a whine.

"Well the ice cream parlor is hiring!" He says.

"You only want me to work there so you get free ice cream." I say with a laugh.

"Your right, what about the diner right by Central Park?" He says.

"That's a great idea! Thanks babe!" I say before hanging up and grabbing my keys.

When I get to the diner I see the help wanted sign. I walk in to see the retro stile diner with the black and white tiled floor and the red booths. I walk up to he counter and the man, who's nametag reads Fabian says, "How many?"

"Actually I was wondering about the job." I say to him.

He nods and motions for me to follow him. He goes behind the counter and grabs an application.

"Just fill this out and we'll get back to you." Fabian says and walks back to his position.

First Name:

Last:

Birth Date:

Address:

Phone Number:

Prior Experience:

The questions were pretty easy, like How did you hear about us, and What made you want to start working here. After I finished I was feeling pretty confident.