House Hunting

Pic of the apartment they get yes it's digital, I made it on Sims3😂. This is a different kind of one-shot where Clary and Jace are 22 and 23.

Clary's POV

"Hey Clary?" Jace asks as he walking into our bedroom.
"I'm in the shower." I shout.
He comes in just as I turn the shower off.
"What?" I ask him, grabbing a towel.
"Do you ever think about living somewhere other than the institute?" He asks me.
"It would be nice." I say.
"Well, I've been thinking, we can't live in the Institute forever." He says.
"We'll still be in touch and help whenever it's needed, but I think we should get a real house." He adds
"Yeah, I think we should too." I say, pulling on jeans and a sweater.
We walk down to the kitchen and see Izzy looking for food.
"Taki's?" She suggests.
We agree and walk across the street to Taki's. As soon as we walk in the door Kaelie, of course, hits on Jace.
"Hey Jace." She winks at him.
I grab his hand and drag him over to an empty table, Izzy follows.
"Can I have grilled cheese with French fries?" I say to Kaelie.
"I'll have the same." Izzy says.
"I'll have a 1/2 pound burger with French fries." Jace says.
"Anything for you Jace." Kaelie says as she walks away.
I roll my eyes and say, "Can we ever come and she doesn't hit on you."
We talk for a few minutes until our food comes, then we dig in.
"I was so hungry!" Izzy half shouts.
"Mefh thoo." Jace says with a huge bite in his mouth.
After we finish Jace orders 2 pieces of pie.
"Do you ever stop eating?" Izzy questions.
"Nope." Jace says, finishing his last piece of pie.
I roll my eyes at him and tell him to pay.
After we leave he grabs a newspaper and whispers, "We can look for houses in here."
"Okay but why are you whispering." I said back.
"I don't want anyone to know until we find one."
When we get in the Institute we go up to Jace's room and open to the apartment page.
"Here's one for $699 a month, and it's only 2 blocks from the Institute." Jace points to a apartment picture on the newspaper.
"We should go check it out." I say.
"It says you can tour it Monday and Wednesdays from 12:00-3:00."
"Well it's Monday and 12:48." I say and grab my purse.
Jace gets up from the bed and grabs his keys. When we get to the place we walk up to this lady in a baby blue pan suit.
"Hello! Are you here to see the apartment?" She asks me, a little too cheery.
"Um, yes." I say and she leads us up the steps to apartment 3B.
We walk in and see a tiny, old, gross kitchen.
"Well it's better than living in the Institute where Izzy blows up some kind of food almost every day." I say with a laugh.
We walk into the bigger if the two bedrooms and I see this huge rat scurry across the room. I squeal and jump on Jace.
"There is no way I'm staying here!" I whisper as we walk out of the room.
"Alright let's leave." Jace says.
"Leaving so soon!" Pan suit says.
"Yes this place just isn't for us." I say and quickly leave the room before she can say anything else.
"Well that was awful." I say, blowing my hair out of my face.
"That was only the first house, Clary." Jace said hugging me.
"I know, but I really want a house." I say leaning my head against his chest.
"Let's keep looking." He says and kisses my head.
We drive around apartments in the area of the Institute for hours and only find one that we are going to tour tomorrow.
"Let's go back." I say with a sigh.
When we get back we run into Mayris.
"Hi, mom." Jace mumbles and goes up to our room.
"What's his problem?" Mayris asks me.
I shrug and follow Jace into our room. I flop down on the bed and pull my shoes off. Jace lies down next to me and I put my head on his chest.
"We'll find one." I say.
"I love you." He says to me.
"I love you too." I say then drift to sleep.

Jace's POV

I wake up to the smell of something burning. I jump out of bed and see that Clary's not there.
"Clary!" I shout.
No response. "Clary!" I shout again.
"In here!" She says coughing. I walk into the kitchen and all I can see is black smoke coming from the oven. I grab the fire extinguisher.
"Get out Clary!" I shout at her. But she stays where she is.
"Go!" I shout and she reluctantly, leaves the room.
I use the fire extinguisher and put out the fire. I rush out of the room to make sure Clary is okay. She is sitting against the wall.
"I'm sorry." She starts crying.
"It doesn't matter." I say. "Nobody got hurt and there was no damage."
"But I shouldn't have fallen asleep again." She says.
"It's okay Clary! No harm done." She gets up and hugs me.
"But if that was an apartment it would've been burnt down to the ground." She says into my shirt.
"Is everything okay?" Izzy asks coming into the room.
"I smelled smoke and came down." Alec says.
"I fell asleep after I put something in the oven and it caught on fire." Clary laughs.
"I'm not the only one who blows up food now!" Izzy shouts and dances around the hallway. Clary grunts at her and goes upstairs, I'm guessing to take a shower.
"We have to leave in a half hour." I shout to Clary.
"For what?" Izzy asks me.
"Nothing." I say quickly and go back up to my room to get dressed.
After we get dressed we go up to see the apartment we saw yesterday, near the park.
We go up the steps to the building and and this older man shows us where to go. When we walk in there is this medium sized, and very open kitchen. A good sized living room. 1 bedroom and a bathroom. I like it. It is defiantly a place we can stay until we have kids.
"I agree." Clary says to me.
"I said that out loud?" I ask and she nods laughing at me.
"I really like it." Clary says.
"And we can live here for a few years until we get married and have kids." She says.
I head a quack coming from outside and freeze.
"Did you hear that?" I ask Clary.
She nods and looks about the window. She starts laughing and I come to join her. I look out the window and see this apartment is right next to the duck pond. Clary can't stop laughing, and the man who showed us up here ask her if she's okay.
"It's just- my- boyfriend is afraid- of ducks." She manages to get it all out before collapsing of laughter.
The man looks at me, then out the window, then at me again.
"Well good thing you are on the second story and they can't get to you." He says with a chuckle. When the man excuses himself to go talk to other people I tell Clary we should get the house.
"Yes it's amazing I love it!" She says.
We tell the man we are interested in renting the apartment for a few years. We give him our number and he says he'll call us on Thursday.

----------------Thursday-------------

Clary's POV

Jace just got off the phone with the man we want to rent the apartment off of.
"What did he say?" I ask Jace.
Jace looks at me with a frown. "He sold it to someone else."
I sigh and think of that wonderful apartment. I really thought we could of lived there.
"Just kidding!" Jace says. "He said we can come sign the contract right now and we can move in as soon as possible."
"That's great!" I scream and throw my arms around him.
We go over to sign the contract and get some other paperwork we have to do and rules of living there.
"When should we tell everyone?" I ask Jace.
"Right now?" He suggests. We go over to my mom and Luke's place. I knock on the door and my mom comes to the door.
"Mom!" I say and hug her.
"Hi Clary how are you." She asks me.
"I'm great mom and I have something to tell you." I say. My mom looks nervous but she nods.
"We got an apartment about 10 minutes away from here by the park." I say to her.
"That's great!" She says looking relived, and pulling Jace and I into a hug. We stay there for lunch and then leave to go tell everyone at he institute, and to pack our things.
Everyone was happy for us and Izzy said we had to go furniture shopping together, which I happily agreed to.
"We'll pack all your things today and then go furniture shopping tomorrow!" She says heading up to my room. We pack for hours until all my clothes, books, and a few other thing are all packed up and in boxes.
"Let's go eat!" Izzy said.
"I'll make pasta." I say and look at the clock. It's 12:00am!
After we eat we head back upstairs and go to sleep.

The next morning Izzy wakes me up by screaming, "Let's go furniture shopping!" Right in my ear.
I trudge down the steps and get in the car. "What furniture store are we going to?" I ask her.
"Goldstiens, then La-z-boy, then Kirklands for cute decorations." She says.
Jace is letting me pick all the furniture and decorations, so we might go a little overboard.
After hours of shopping we got a light blue couch, a burgundy bed with a dark wooden frame, a glass table with two chairs, a coffee table, a TV and a tv stand, an end table, a little blue lamp, and 2 paintings.
"I can't wait to put all this stuff in the apartment!" I exclaim.
We are packing everything into a U-Haul, because there is no way all this stuff is fitting in Jace's car.
After everything's all packed we go to the apartment and unpack everything. The next few days are chaos, fitting everything in the apartment, figuring out where to put all the stuff.
In the end Jace and I were happy with the apartment and glad we bought this one!
"I love you." He says to me after we flop down on our bed.
"I love you too! I'm so glad that we got this apartment." I say.
"The sad thing is in a few years we're going to have to move out and get a real house." I say.
"Yes but those years will be better, because we'll have little Herondales running around." Jace says.
I drift off to sleep, dreaming of the days when those little Herondales will come.

Wow this took me longer than it should've😂. I absolutely loved writing this though. Thanks for all my reads I have so many people to thank for that! Shoutout to worldreader18 who comments on every story! Thanks! THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: this was a one shot where Clary and Jace are older I personally like it when they are 17 and 18. So I will not be writing about how they get married or anything like having kids for a long time. It will be more about them as teenagers and stuff. Love you guys!