19: Who Needs Anyone When You Have A Dog?

Zacznij od początku

Gee nodded, "and it's fucking stupid, and I fucking know it, and I feel so fucking stupid because I'm still a virgin, and at this rate I feel like I'm gonna be a virgin forever, and not that there's anything wrong with that, I just-"

"You overthink things." Alicia finished for her with a small smile.

"Everything." Gee corrected her with that an odd kind of self-deprecating smile.

"You've gotta get comfortable with your own body first, before you're gonna be comfortable with him seeing it. It sounds stupid, but you're gonna have to stop hiding from your naked self - embrace nudity, so to speak."

Gee cringed a little, "fuck I can't do that, I-"

"You can't take your clothes off and sit there alone for maybe an hour? Like not even looking at yourself, just being naked?" Alicia asked, finding herself determined to help Gee with this, because hell, Gee was great company and she really had nothing better to do.

"I have a little brother - I can't just sit in my room naked, casually." Gee rolled her eyes, cringing at the notion of Mikey seeing her naked, even of anyone doing so.

"You're making excuses." Alicia noted, "hate to say it, but you are, even if only subconsciously, but yeah. You could sit naked for an hour somewhere else if you're really never home alone."

"What? With Frank? Because that kind of defeats the point of this all? Because if I'm not at home, I'm with Frank." Gee shook her head, trying to shake the idea of this all off completely, but Alicia was deadly stubborn and there was simply no chance in hell that that was happening.

"Where are you now? Because I'm pretty sure you don't live here, and I'm pretty sure neither me nor Jessicka are your boyfriend." Alicia raised her eyebrows, smiling a little.

"You want me to get naked in front of you?" Gee exclaimed, unable to focus properly, "I can't, I- isn't that weird, I mean, I-"

"I'd get naked in front of you. I mean, we're just friends, Gee, it's nothing weird. You have Frank, and I have my dog, so like. And I mean, it's a whole new level of friendship and trust, like Lindsey's seen me naked millions of times and I only made out with her once."

"It's easy for you, though, you're confident, and you look how you want to-"

"Gee, hate to break it to you, honey, but you're not just automatically confident - I had to get comfortable with myself, I had teach myself confidence, and no, I don't look exactly how I want to, but it's unrealistic for me to be perfect - we always find something we don't like about ourselves."

"Stop making this sound like a good idea." Gee let out a sigh, shaking her head.

"Why not? It is one."

-

"I cannot believe you, Mikeyway, that's fucking legendary, oh my god!" Pete exclaimed, finding himself unable to shut up about just what Mikey had yelled at his parents in response to the whole grandmother argument with Gee, ever since he'd first heard about it, in fact, Mikey was getting pretty sick of it by now, but Pete looked so beautiful when he was smiling, even if he was smiling like an idiot - a beautiful idiot, Mikey's beautiful idiot.

"Yeah..." Mikey rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips; the two sat in Pete's bedroom with some terribly cheesy playlist on in the background, which Pete insisted that he hadn't put together himself, but by this point, nothing was easier for Mikey than figuring out when Pete was lying.

"You don't sound quite so enthusiastic." Pete noted, fixating his gaze upon Mikey's with an unnecessarily high level of concern. "Is something wrong, come on, Mikeyway-"