Camila practically chocked on her own saliva, "You what?"

"I want to meet Lauren."

"Mom, but you know Lauren. What are you talking about?"

"I know Lauren, but I want to meet her. She's dating my daughter and it's about time that I get to formally meet her don't you think?"

"Mom were not-"

Sinu threw her hand up, "Save it. I wasn't born yesterday Mija. I know you're dating Lauren. And that's okay. I'm okay with whatever your sexuality is and who you love. But I want to meet her. It's time that I do."

Camila was shocked. How long had her mother knew?

"I suppose but-"

"Great. Bring her tonight around seven. I'll tell your father to pick up some things for me at the store before he comes home from work. You don't have to do a thing. Just get ready and I'll prepare the meal.

"But mom-"

"No buts Mija. I'm going to meet Lauren."

"Si mama but-"

"Camila. " She said in a scolding tone.

"Okay mom." Camila finally gave in, "but does dad even know?" She asked.

Sinu looked up and thought as she rubbed her chin.

Camila watched her until she made eye contact with her again and said, "Probably not. I don't remember mentioning anything to him, but what better time to tell him than tonight don't you think?"

"Mom he doesn't even know I'm gay."

"So? What's the big deal? It's who you are. You know papa loves you."

"Mama you don't get it. It's hard."

"I know...I get it Mija. But don't over think it. Everything will be fine. It always turns out to be."

"I don't know..."

"Look you don't have to tell him. But I think it's something he deserves to know. At least, you know that your dating Lauren."

"I'll try."

"Thank you Mija."

--

Later that day at school, nothing had returned to normal. The preps were still moping around like lost puppies while Lauren ignored their very existence.

Madison didn't seem phased though. She was pretty upset about what had happened but she wasn't going to be the one to apologize. Especially not after her best friend hit her. Lauren similarly felt the same. She abandoned all efforts of apologizing after she had found out about the kiss. Deep down, Lauren knew she couldn't blame Madison for doing it but either way, it didn't change how she felt about her. She hated her guts. She really did. But even so, a part of her couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. Lauren always had a special spot for Madison in her heart, and it was mostly because she reminded her of herself. She hoped that she could one day find it in herself to apologize but now, would not be the time.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Vero asked before taking a bit out of a slice of Pizza she took from Ally.

"To who?" Madison asked, clearly knowing who they were referring too.

"To Lauren, Mads. You gotta stop acting like there's nothing wrong." Drew said.

"Why should I have to talk to her? Shouldn't she be the one coming up to me? Shouldn't she be the one apologizing for embarrassing me in front of the whole school?"