Chapter Twelve | I Won't Let Go

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely." I whisper as I lay my head on her shoulder.

"Forgive her then. If it's this hard for you, then letting her go wasn't the smartest thing to do." Christen says.

"It's the only thing I had left to do." I say.

"No it wasn't. You just thought it was the right thing to do. I'm not here to lecture you and tell you how to live your life. But I want you to know that she's still out there and she's probably as broken as you are. Go after her and give her another chance because you can make it work if you both try as hard. Tobin, I know you enough to say that you're an amazing friend and I bet she is to. So why ruin something when there really was no point in ending it?" Christen says.

"It's to late now..." I say.

"It's never to late to ask for forgiveness." Christen says as she gets up and grabs my hand.

"Come on, let's do something more fun than this." Christen says as she pulls me up to my feet and drags me out the door.

----------

ALEX'S POV

I didn't sleep at all last night, and I felt bad for keeping Kelley up all night because whenever I tried falling asleep. I would have a break down, but Kelley was always there to comfort me, even though I wish it was Tobin here with me. Tobin, the best friend that I miss so much.

Classes today will be hard because only the situation I am in is the only thing I'll be thinking about. But still, Tobin had every right to be mad at me but I just don't understand why she let go so easily. I want to fall into the pit Tobin has laid out for me but I can't, only because I spent so many months being there for her that letting go isn't an option. I'm going to do anything I can to gain her trust in me and I mean it.

I take a shower and dress into a new set of clothes. I swing my bag over my shoulder as I meet Kelley outside of our dorm.

"I told you, you don't have to come today." Kelley says.

"I need to get my mind off things and besides. School is a priority." I say.

"Just take it easy today, okay?" Kelley says as she smiles up at me. And I just nod my head at her.

"Hey, thanks for what you did last night it meant a lot. And I'm sorry for keeping you up." I say, feeling bad.

"Hey don't mention it. We're friends right?" Kelley says.

"Yeah." I say with a slight smile. We go our separate ways. Today I tried my best trying to avoid Serv as much as I can. When he sees me in the halls and tries to kiss me, I immediately turn my head so his lips kiss my cheek instead. He always frowns when I do that but I don't care. But finally, after school I get pulled aside and I look at Serv who stands in front of me. He looks at me with his dark brown eyes. "Is there something wrong with us?" Serv asks.

"I... I don't know." I say, as I play with my fingers.

"Will we be okay?" Serv asks, and I can almost see hope in his eyes.

"I don't know." I answer back, not knowing what to say, after all. I am talking to the guy who ruined one of the best friendships I've ever been through. He kept me from talking to Tobin. I think it's time to put an end.

"What's wrong babe? You've been ignoring me these past couple days." Serv says.

"I... I don't love you anymore." I say trying to avoid eye contact with him. He lets go of my arm and he just stares down at the floor. I feel bad, because he did nothing wrong. He was such a nice guy and he treated me so good.