On Top

A/N — Becca's outfit is in the external link as always! Don't forget to vote! xoxo

Becca POV

"So then he pulled out this rose and he asked if I wanted to go to prom with him which of course I do want to go with him but he's Axl's best friend so I thought I'd ask if Axl had a problem with it but then I realized that it doesn't matter what Axl thinks because I wanted to go with Darrin!" Sue rambles off, not taking a breath the entire time she speaks. I nod, trying to understand the story that she's telling. 

With the odd scheduling issues our school has been having, the senior prom got pushed up so that graduation would fall on it's normal day. Basically every senior class activity the school does for us has had it's date switched to accommodate the scheduling errors. All the other underclassmen schedules are fine, shockingly.

"What color would suit my skin the best? Cosmo said that I should wear a light peach color but I was really thinking that I wanted a bright pink or a purple dress. Like the poofy ones that look like wedding dresses. Those are so pretty, you would look good in one too!" Sue continues and I try to comprehend what she's saying.

Axl walks into the kitchen with his long brown hair matted to his forehead. He saunters towards me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder while I fix his hair, pushing it from his face so I can see his bright blue eyes. "What's she annoying you about this early in the morning?" He asks, nodding towards Sue who has a huge smile on her face.

"Apparently, Darrin came by this morning and asked her to senior prom." I recap, not feeling the need to tell every detail like Sue does. "He brought her a rose and was very cute about it I guess." I explain, watching Axl's eyebrows furrow in the center of his forehead. He narrows his eyes at his sister, slowly taking his arm off of my shoulder.

I look up to him, leaning my head on his chest. "You're going to my prom with my friend? Are you kidding me?" Axl raises his voice, flailing his arms everywhere as if that will help him make his point. "No, I won't allow it. You can't go with Darrin, he's my friend. Friends are off limits to little sisters." He declares, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Becca is going with Sean so why can't I go with Darrin? It's like the same thing!" Sue spills the news about Sean and I, Axl's body slowly backing away from my own. "Oh, I wasn't supposed to say anything about that, was I?" I nod my head at Sue, my eyes widening as I look to Axl. His face is completely red as he tries to blink away my image in his sight. 

I lean against the counter top, knowing that he will get over this in a few minutes anyways. "You aren't going to my prom." He says, pointing at Sue before looking to me. "And you, you are not going with Sean. Do you understand me? Sean and Darrin weren't even going to the prom in the first place. We were all going to ditch and go to the burger place down the street!" Axl complains, his body slumping at the thought of not going to the burger joint.

"Axl Heck, you cannot tell me what to do, neither can you control what Sue does. Morgan obviously wants to go to the dance so just take her and we will all have a fantastic time. Okay?" I comfort, pulling him into my body by his hand. He sighs and leans into me, pressing his head into my shoulder while I rub his back soothingly. 

As he removes himself from me, Axl grabs the empty seat next to Sue before pouring cereal into the spare bowl. "Oh my god, we have to get dresses! What's the theme this year because last year it was Mardi Gras and I really hope it's underwater themed because then I can dress like a mermaid and that'd be so cool! It's like a costume party!" Sue says quickly to me, her eyes as wide as they could possibly be.

I look to Axl, seeing his hand in a gun-like position in his mouth before he pretends to shoot himself, sending his head backwards for dramatic effect. "Not exactly, Sue. The theme basically just sets the mood, it's not a guideline or anything. And they said it was masquerade this year, which seems pretty cool." I explain to her, watching her face fall momentarily only to be back in her full faced smile seconds later.

"We can wear masks, that's so cool! It'll be like we don't know who anyone is! Like in a Cinderella Story where Sam goes to the dance and Austin doesn't know its her!" I nod slowly, watching as she runs from the kitchen to Frankie's room. She yells something about needing to buy dresses before Axl interrupts my thoughts.

"Do I have to ask Morgan or does she just know that we are going together?" He asks and I shrug, not really knowing the answer to that question. We sit in silence for a little, both of us thinking of what to do about prom. Getting a dress will be an issue considering Sue is going to want to go to little kid stores. "Why are you going with Sean?" Axl interrupts the silence, looking at me from beneath his hair that's hanging in front of his face.

I pause, thinking about my answer. "He asked me and we've been texting a lot lately so I figured I'd rather go with someone that I know well enough." Axl nods at my response, biting his bottom lip before finishing up his cereal. "Why weren't you going to go to our senior prom? You used to talk about how you'd be crowned prom king." I tease, watching him stick his tongue out at me.

"I made those plans before you came back, I didn't want to go to prom without you. Junior prom sucked enough." Axl explains to me, cracking his neck before drinking the milk from his bowl. "But I guess I should go ask Morgan to prom, shouldn't I?" He sighs, pushing himself up from the stool to drop his bowl in the sink lazily. I smile softly at him before continuing to eat my breakfast. 

"Becca, mom said that she would take us to get dresses today so get dressed and let's go!" Sue yells at me, pulling a hairbrush through her hair. I chuckle and roll my eyes as I try to finish my food as fast as possible without choking.

Frankie POV

"Mom, what about this one?" Sue giggles, spinning around is a floor length purple dress. I nod slowly, not sure of how to put my words without hurting her feelings. "Nevermind, I think I want a pink dress, not a purple one now. Or maybe a peach one like Cosmo said." She says more to herself than to me, rushing back into the dressing room.

Three hours later and Sue has yet to decide which color dress she wants while Becca has yet to even try on a dress. She will look at them and hold them to the light, then put them back without a second glance. If Axl was here, he would be able to tell her what he thinks about dresses, which I assume would help her out more than I'm able to.

Becca emerges from her own dressing room donning a long two piece red dress, fitting her perfectly. "That looks stunning." I say, watching her critique herself in the mirror before shrugging her shoulders in defeat, dragging herself back into the dressing room. Shaking my head at how she doesn't realize how pretty that looked on her, I wait for Sue to put her eighth dress on. 

"Are you ready?" Sue calls from her room, poking her head out. I nod and watch her walk out in a long pink ball gown dress, her jeans sticking out of the bottom of it. "I love it, this is the one I can just feel it!" She cheers, spinning around to show me the back as well which is embellished in small silver stones. I smile, noticing her excitement about the dress that brings joy to me.

"Sue, that's the one." Becca says, walking out of the dressing room, smiling at my daughter. "It looks so beautiful!" She coos, complimenting Sue. She's wearing a black dress that has to be the one. It hugs her just right and makes her look taller than she actually is. I look at Sue, watching her eyes scan down Becca's body.

Becca just peers into the mirror, raising her eyebrows as she twirls slowly, nodding at her reflection. "You look gorgeous." I say, standing to wrap my arms around my two girls shoulders. Becca leans into my embrace before the two pull away. "Now, go get changed and let's go home." I say quickly, watching as Becca giggles and walks back to her room to change into her clothes once again. Sue follows her lead, twirling in her dress as she walks.