Kids In The Dark

A/N --- Becca's outfit is in the external link xoxo

Axl POV

Storming through the front door of Becca's house, I'm greeted by her mother sipping wine on the couch. "Oh, Axl! Becca is upstairs, she didn't say you were coming over." I ignore her, pushing myself to run up the stairs, turning at the top to find the door that belongs to her room. I rip the door open, my heart beating a mile a minute.

"You're going on a date with Sean? Are you kidding me?" I yell, slamming her door behind me. Her small body is facing the large balcony doors as she sits at her vanity, doing her makeup.  "With Sean? You went that low? Are you serious? Tell me this is a joke." I demand, walking up behind her with heavy steps. Her crutches are placed against the wall, her newly air-casted foot propped up on her bed. The doctor decided that her pain wasn't enough to keep her in a hard cast, so for comfort they put her in an air cast two days ago.

She sighs and turns, a black robe hanging from her body. "Axl, Sean is sweet. He always has been, even when we were little and you made fun of me for having braces. He asked if I wanted to go to a music festival with him so I said yes. Why are you so upset over this?" She asks, as if she doesn't already know. 

Her lips are a crimson red, contrasting against her tan skin every time she speaks. "I'm upset Becca, because it's Sean! He is one of my good friends, I don't need my best friend and my good friend dating. Where will I fit in there?" I spew at her, watching her face contort from confusion to annoyance, her eyebrows angling upwards as if she is going to scold me. She pushes me onto her bed as she stands, steadying herself on her vanity before placing her hands on her hips.

The robe she is wearing comes to her upper thigh, the bottom being lined with black lace. "Not everything is about you Axl Heck. So what if Sean and I want to date? It doesn't affect you at all. You have a girlfriend who hates me and it doesn't change our relationship, so neither will Sean and I. Plus, it's just a concert, it's not a dinner date or anything." Becca explains, cocking her eyebrow at me.

She wobbly walks to stand between my legs, wrapping her arms around my neck. I look up at her while she brushes my curls from my face, her features softer now. "I don't like the idea of you having a boyfriend, boys suck. I don't want you to get hurt, or worse, forget about me." I sigh, pressing my head against her stomach. She smells of vanilla and strawberries from her favorite body wash that I got her for christmas one year.

She pushes my head back, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "I could never forget about you, Axl." She coos, pressing my shoulders back so I lay on her bed, her body curling into mine. "You may be selfish and incredibly self centered, but I could never forget you. You're my person." I smile, wrapping my arms around her body, rolling her over so she's underneath me.

"I'm not selfish, I just know that I'm the best thing out there and that nobody can be better than me." She rolls her eyes at me, pouting her red lips. "If you really want to go on a date with Sean then I'm fine with it, I just want to know what you're wearing. If he tries to touch you, so help me god, I will break his wrist." 

Becca wedges herself out form under me, going into her walk in closet. "You will not hurt Sean, football season started this week right? You need him." She points out, rummaging through something in the large room. "Plus, if he does something I don't like, don't you think for one-second that I won't set him straight." I chuckle at that, remembering the last guy that tried to touch Becca without her permission.

She emerges with a black romper (Morgan taught me what that was) and a black hat in her hand. Her long hair is still in a bun on the top of her head as she walks over to her vanity. She straps one sandal on while she tightens her air-cast, before putting her gold banded sunglasses on her vanity. While she plugs in all of her hair things, I watch as she moisturizes her skin, leaving a lasting smell of roses and honey. "Curly or straight?" She asks, peaking at me over her right shoulder.