Trumpets

A/N -- Becca's outfit will be found in the external link, xoxo

Axl POV

"I can't believe that you came with us on the date!" Becca screams, throwing her hat at me. I put my hands up, unaware of what I did wrong. "It was a date and you wouldn't even let me be happy on it! If you wanted to hangout with Sean then you could have left me home so I wouldn't have had to deal with being the third wheel on my own date!"

I pull my shirt over my head, seeing Brick peaking at us from under his covers. "Brick, get out." I breath, clenching my jaw. He hurries from the room, shutting the door behind him. "Can you explain to me, what exactly I did wrong? I didn't ruin your date! I just went on it!" I yell back, watching as she pulls her romper off, tugging on one of my pullovers.

"That's exactly what you did wrong! You went on the damn date with us Axl and you excluded me all night!" Her volume matches mine previously as I scoff at her, determined to prove that I did nothing wrong.  "It was my date, why could you have just let it be for one night? Why does everything have to revolve around you? Doesn't it get tiring after a while, only caring about yourself?"

She pulls her hair into a bun, taking her contacts out. "I don't only care about myself." I argue, running my hands through my hair. She just laughs, rolling her eyes at me while fixing her Calvin Klein underwear on her hips. "I care about you a hell of a lot more than I care about myself!" I say, more like yell, at her, sending an angry look to her face.

"You care about me? You have a damn funny way of showing it, Axl. Ruining my first social encounter outside of your family since I got back? Are you serious? That's how you show that you care about me? That's a joke." She snaps, pulling a pair of my clean socks up her legs. I grow more furious by the minute, her face turning a bright red color as well.

Pushing my blanket off of the top of the bed, I point towards my mattress. "Would you just get in and sleep and we can talk about this in the morning?" I demand, beginning to lay down in my bed. Her scowl grows at my words, being stubborn as always. She can never give up on a fight, even when she's wrong now can she?

"I'm not sleeping with you tonight, goodnight." Her voice is quick and sharp as she turns and walks out of the room, pulling her glasses on. She slams the door behind her, a groan falling from my lips. I crawl into bed, pushing my blanket to my waist, laying on my back. Now that I've been screamed at for no reason, I can't sleep.

Brick walks back in the room, jumping into his mound of comforters as he burrows his way to the bottom. "Becca's mad." He points out, earning a look from me. "What? I was just saying. She was crying when she walked out of the room." Brick informs me, anxiety taking over my body. I wave him off, turning the lamp on my nightstand off. 

Left in the dark, I try to think of what I could have done wrong. I just went to a concert with my friends, I don't see the problem there. It's not like Becca likes him that much either, she just wanted to go because he's nice to her. I'm nice to her, I'm her best friend. He isn't.

"You were wrong you know." Brick breaks the silence. I ask how, still not understanding what I did that was so offending to everyone. "She wanted one night away from you, one night to make a new friend because she doesn't have any at school and you ruined that for her. You took that chance away from her and now she is stuck with only having one friend at school and it's Sue. You don't talk to her in school at all to even be considered a friend."

I look in his direction, realization falling across my face. "I talk to her plenty, stay out of it." I snap, looking back at the ceiling. Do I really not talk to her in school? I talked to her in gym, when she was allowed to take it before her ankle. I smile at her sometimes, if I'm not busy with my friends. And she has more than one friend, right? She has to, who couldn't love her.

"You do know that Morgan turned the whole school against her? Even the middle schoolers don't like her. She doesn't have any friends anymore." Brick continues, earning a pillow to the head. He grunts at my throw, muttering something under his breath. "She's sleeping on the couch if you want to make it up to her." He finishes, turning on his side to fall asleep.

Morgan couldn't have done that. I love Becca, Morgan wouldn't hurt Becca knowing that I love her. I grab my phone off of the nightstand, dialing my girlfriends number. It only take three rings for her to answer, her preppy voice greeting me. "Babe, I need to ask you something. Are you turning people against Becca?" I cut to the chase, silence falls over the line.

"No, I mean I might have told people that she isn't a good person but thats only because she hit you. I was looking out for you." She says as if she didn't do anything wrong. I try my hardest not to snap at her, no matter how badly I want to. Instead, I say goodbye and hang up, standing from my bed with a blanket in hand.

I make my way to the family room, spotting her small body on the couch in the dark. "Why didn't you tell me what Morgan was doing to you?" I ask, knowing for a fact that she's awake in case she decides to act as if she's asleep. "I had no clue, I would've stopped it when it started. I'm sorry I ruined your chance to make a friend." 

She looks at me in the dark room, puffy eyes and swollen lips. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get upset with her. I see how happy she makes you, so I didn't want to ruin that happiness." Becca explains, sitting up a little. I sigh and pull her from the couch to lay my blanket down. I put half over the couch and half on the couch before laying down.

I pull Becca onto my chest, tugging the blanket from over the couch to fall on us. Her head lays against my collarbones, her cheeks damp. "I don't like it when you cry. I didn't mean to upset you." I hush into her hair, holding her head against my lips. She just nods, sniffling a little when I move my hand to rub up and down her back.

I pull the sweatshirt up to her shoulders, giving me better access to her bare back. I use one hand to rub her back while the other stays on the back of her head. I press my chin on her forehead, kissing her hairline. "You need to shave." She points out, running her fingertips across my unshaven cheek thats spotting with hair.

"You need to shave you legs." I say back, earning an 'I shaved today so shut up' response. I smile, looking down at her small body. The sweatshirt rides up in the front too, her warm stomach pressing against my own. "Maybe you don't, but you do have to stop fidgeting. You keep pressing your cast into my calf." She only giggles, starting to stay still.

She cuddles further into me, wrapping one arm around my neck while the other rests against my chest. I pull her body up my own so her head is cradled near my neck. One of her legs falls between my own, pushing more weight on her top half. Her breasts press against my chest, which isn't an unfamiliar sensation but tonight she isn't wearing a bra which is new. "Can we go lay in your bed?" Becca asks.

"I guess." I agree, standing up with her on my hip, her legs locked around my waist. I grab my blanket before marching to my room, tossing her on the bed. She just giggles as I lay on top of her, being extra careful of her foot. I put the blanket over us, pressing my lips to her nose. "Goodnight, I'm sorry." I whisper, nudging my nose against hers.

"It's okay." She whispers back, her voice laced with sincerity and fatigue. "Goodnight, Axl Heck.I love you." She finishes, pressing a kiss to my cheek. I nuzzle into her kiss, her arms wrapping around my shoulders. She feels safe, like home whenever she holds me like this. She pulls away from my kiss, lining our faces up once again.

"Goodnight, Rebecca James." I breathe against her lips, flipping us over so her front is to mine as we lay sideways. Our legs intertwine, my hands going back up under her shirt to rest against her back. One of her arms wraps around my neck while the other holds my bicep, her nails light scratching my skin. "I love you, more than words can explain."

Orson HeightsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara