"Great." I grumble under my breath. 

"Don't worry; I'm thinking you will use the dagger and guns. The bow and arrow will be the last resort for you." He promises making me breathing a sigh of relief. 

"Ok, carry on then. Sorry for interrupting." I say. 

"Right, the dust could just be used as a distraction. If they don't breathe it in but get out of range for it then you can grab one of your weapons and use it." Preston says. After a few minutes I guess they got the green light to come closer to me. 

"So what weapon will I be learning first?" I ask looking at the table that held different sized guns and daggers, some even big enough to be called a sword. 

"I was thinking the daggers first, then work your way up to the sword. Dagger and sword training is a little harder to learn. With a gun all you have to do is point and shoot." He says grabbing one of the little daggers. "These little guys are made to throw at your target; help slow him down before he can reach you."  

I grab the small knife he gives me. It feels light in my hands. "Right, show me what I have to do." I say. 

Preston lines me up a few feet form on of the targets. He told me we will move back a few more feet until I get the hang of throwing it. Preston shows me how to hold it and throws the first knife; it sails through the air, flipping end over end until sticking to the middle of the target. 

He steps aside for me to try. Gripping the knife like he did I pull back and let it fly. I watch with anticipation as it sticks to the target, a few inches from Preston's knife. It wasn't the middle but at least it still hit close to it. We spend an hour on the small daggers, moving back five more feet every time I hit the middle of the target. It was easy to get the swing of things and realizing how much strength I needed to use in order to make it to the target. 

"Great job," He says jogging back to me. "Now let's see how well you will do with a moving target." 

And with that said a werewolf made out of wood swung by. "What the hell?" I say jumping back. 

"Sorry, we made it earlier this week. It took a while but we finally finished it." Preston says. 

"What is it?" I ask looking at the ropes in the trees. 

"It's a werewolf, the exact height and width of us. The wood will make it harder for the blade to stick, so just remember that. It will be a little easier for the blade to tear through our skin so don't be discouraged if the blade rebounds or doesn't stick. The wolf is tied up to some strings, Sasha and Scott will move it around." Preston says handing me ten knifes. 

I huff and grab one in my hands as I nod for Sasha and Scott to start swinging them. They get to work at swinging and moving the wolf. I concentrate and try aiming but it seems no use. Every knife I throw it either misses completely or it bounces off the wood. I only stuck the last one. 

"That was pretty good. Those last three would have stuck to the wolf; the wood just wouldn't allow it. So you got four out of ten, a lot better than I thought you would do." Preston says encouragingly. 

"That was hard, and are we sure this will work? I mean you guess are fast, I won't be able to hit a rogue to save my life." I huff drawing closer to see what Preston's looking at. 

"That's true, but we are also big, you get a big wide target. Even if it's not where your aiming you will still hit us." He assures me then points to some markings on the wood. They were deep and looked just like a knife cut. 

"These are from the other three knifes. They were deep enough to cut into us if it were a real wolf and would have stuck. But the wood is a lot tougher than our skin and wouldn't allow the blade to stick. Don't worry though, once the wood withers down and work with it more it will be easier to stick a blade in it. Now, again," He says grabbing the blades and handing them to me.