~Chapter 17

The weeks after that seemed to pass by rather fast for them and when Louis was officially thirty seven weeks pregnant, he felt like dying when he only got bigger making it difficult to move around. He would spend his days working from home sometimes getting a visit from Zayn or his mum and Anne. Gemma's were more limited since she had the kids to take care of and sometimes it was impossible for her to get out of the house with her troublemakers.

When they never heard from Collin again they could finally breathe in relief yet there was the thought in the back of their minds that kept them on alert. Harry had been nearly impossible to be around when he kept hovering over him feeling he was to be protected at all times when Louis would sometimes lose his balance.

When he finished all his work ahead of time and sent it all to Gemma and Des, he started getting bored and just like that started planning a party for father's day. He was later joined by Gemma, Anne and his mum trying to plan everything to have it ready by that day finding it amusing when Melissa insisted on helping too.

The closer he kept getting to his due date the more nervous he was starting to get wondering if he was ever going to be a good father at all. Harry would spend the nights before falling asleep telling him he was going to be such a wonderful father and Ian would be so proud to call him daddy.

~*~

"And why the hell can't I go grocery shopping with you?" Louis crossed his arms over his chest watching Harry walking around their bedroom getting ready to leave.

"Because you could lose your balance and your feet are swollen then your back is gonna hurt and you're gonna spend the rest of the time complaining and urging me to hurry up so we can leave." Harry said taking a deep breath at the end.

"Well its not my fault you take forever to choose your vegetables and fruits." Louis rolled his eyes as he tried to put his shoes on determined on not letting Harry leave him behind.

"That's because I want them to be nice to eat and not rotting, you need to eat only the best." Harry explained.

"I swear your baby loves to beat me up, its not even funny anymore." Louis groaned.

"He's trying to knock some sense into you, wants to stay here instead." Harry said trying not to laugh when Louis narrowed his eyes at him quickly sobering up, "He can't help it Louis, he doesn't have space but three more weeks and he'll have all the space in the world." Harry happily smiled just by the thought of holding him.

"Yeah..." Louis trailed off not knowing how to feel about it now that Collin was a threat to them.

"Everything's gonna be fine Lou, he won't do anything." Harry was quick to go help him put his shoes on.

"Have you heard anything from him?" Louis asked.

"Dad said he got really pissed about it but there's nothing he can do, not even with his shitty law degree or influence." Harry rolled his eyes.

"He's a shit lawyer anyway, I don't know why his father left him in charge when he knows how greedy he is. I don't know what the hell I ever saw in that man." Louis said letting Harry tie his shoes then helped him up when it was almost impossible for him to get up.

"If I'm honest I don't know either." Harry got up then wrapped his arm around Louis' waist to help him to the car knowing there was no way he was going to stay behind.

He grabbed the list he had made on the way there and once they were in his car he drove to the grocery store letting Louis grab a cart. Halfway through the store Harry only smiled when he started complaining about his feet hurting yet that didn't stop him from buying the usual junk food. Louis let Harry pick the usual vegetables and fruit as he walked around looking at the cupcakes wondering if he should order a cake for father's day.