Chapter Twenty Nine - A War Brings People Together.

Chapter Twenty Nine

A War Brings People Together.

3rd Person POV

Never in all of Percy's life had he ever seen something so strange. Tony and Loki agreeing on something without an argument. Sierra was equally bewildered. They stood inside the Bird, Loki and Tony were in the lab while Percy and Sierra were standing in the Lab doorway.

Tony and Loki was looking over the sceptre that Loki had stolen and were making calculations and theories on how the sceptre could harness such power without failure. "It does have some effect on the user of the sceptre when not wearing gloves or some for of protection over the hands." Loki commented as Tony took down notes. "The original owner of the sceptre was able to control me without thought. So the original owner can still do it if he desires." Loki continued. "The gem in the centre is called the Mind Stone, it is what warps others' minds into changing alliences but effects can be different for different people." Loki finished.

"Could be useful on Pepper on date night." Tony muttered. "So, what now? One part of me feels that it would be the right thing to return this baby to SHIELD but another is saying more experiments are in order." Tony smirked cocking an eyebrow to Loki. "As long as it is not on humans, I agree with more experiments." Loki replied.

"Is that what just happened, did they just agree or is the frost bite affecting my brain?" Percy muttered in disbelief. "It truely is the end of the world." Sierra whispered. "It's best we back away slowly, who knows what could happen." Percy whispered into Sierra's ear. Sierra gave a hardly noticable nod before lifting her heels off the ground and staring to tiptoe backwards with Percy following in suit. They reached the staircase and carefully started to walk up the spiral staircase. They made sure to avoid the seventh step as it is creaky and would probably start an argument between Tony and Loki since they fight about nearly everything.

Reaching the top of the staircase, Sierra and Percy braced for an argument to start but after of few concerned moments they heard nothing. Not even a peep of disagreement. "The sceptre has a lot of capabilities but never in my life have I seen it with that power." Sierra said in disbelief. Percy chuckled in return. "It truely is a Mind stone if it can keep them from arguing." Sierra shook her head. Percy grinned in reply.

Walking into the main room of the Bird, they saw Clint, Natasha and Steve going over battle plans on another one of the Plane's holo-tables. They were keeping track of how many troops the camp had and their skill levels. The Asgardians, minus Loki and Sierra had gone hunting in the monster invested woods much to the disagreement of Natasha who wanted them to stay on top form for the final battle. Bruce had taken the time to take up a yoga class that demigods use to help control their anger so now he was in his bunk trying different breathing exercises and simple yoga poses. The teenage superheroes had been called back to SHIELD for some training exercises and would be back by the end of the day.

Natasha noticed the demigods walking in and waved for them to come over. Percy and Sierra went over not wanting to argue with Natasha and circled the holo-table.

"We've drawn up plans that should help even out the playing fields a bit. Weaker camper will go out with an Asgardian, maybe Sif or Loki to the strongest points of the barrier. While where the barrier is the weakest the best fighters like Ares and Mars demigods will go with most likely the Warrior Three. Children of Apollo, Clint and Iron Fist will take to staying off the ground so that they can fire from above without trouble. They will hide in trees, roofs, anything off the ground while Nova, Iron Man, Thor, and any flying demigod; like your friend Jason; will take the skies." Natasha explained. "Children of Hecate will be needed to create traps using the spells Loki taught them and enchant weapons." "What happens if Tartarus makes an appearance?" Sierra interupted. "We'll get to that issue when it comes to it." Natasha replied. "Meaning we're going to hope for the best." Percy rolled his eyes. "That's another way to put it." Natasha agreed.