Chapter Twenty Three - Avengers, Asgardians, Superheroes, Demigods

Avengers, Asgardians, Superheroes, Demigods

3rd Person POV:

Loki did not like having mortals trying to pry into his memories. It greatly annoyed him. He began to feel like one of those rats that are tested on in a science lab. He had a chunky metal band wrapped round his head with a blue circle of light in the middle of it.

Tony and Bruce had almost fried Loki's brain several times. Loki felt like he had been hit by Mjolnir's lightning. "Just fixing a few bugs." Tony reassured. "Sure you are." Loki rolled his eyes. Loki could tell Tony was secretly enjoying Loki's pain. "You said that an hour ago." Loki said numbly. "And I am still working on it." Tony said dumbly. Loki huffed.

Bruce eyed Loki. Apart from the complaining of trying to get Tony to hurry up, Loki had actually allowed him and Tony to go through with the experiments. Loki didn't wince or show any emotions when Tony had extracted some of Loki's blood. Not even a little squeak of uncomforted. "You okay Loki?" Bruce asked. "Fine. Why do you ask, Mr Banner?" Loki replied, raising an eyebrow. "You seem.....comfortable with these experiments. Why is that?" Bruce noted. "I have had swords impaled and arrows hit me. This tiny needle is nothing." Loki shrugged. "So has Percy but he's terrified of needles." Tony grunted.

"He must have had a bad experience with needles. Scarred him for life. Normal behaviour for a child of his age." Loki waved off. "He's nearly twenty." Tony scoffed. "And by Midgardian laws, he is still a child." Loki remarked. Bruce smiled at the disagreement in front of him.

"Since when do you follow human laws or any laws for that matter." Tony sighed in anger. "There's a lot you don't know about me, Stark." Loki chuckled. "I'm not sure if I believe that..." Tony trailed off. "Okay....who's my father?" Loki asked Stark. "Odin....right?" Tony replied. "No, Laufey. Odin was never my father. He's a liar and a thief, like Laufey use to say." Loki snarled. "Whoa. Someone has daddy issues." Tony muttered to Bruce. Bruce gave him an annoyed look. "But, don't let my pathetic problems slow down your work." Loki mocked. Tony knitted his eyebrows together, trying to see Loki's play, before going back to the computer and trying to start the experiment again.

Bruce was fixing the band that was wrapped round Loki's forehead before getting back to work. "Try not to electrocute me this time, Stark. Or I'm afraid you'll be returning to your tower in pieces." Loki threatened. Tony shivered for a second. "It would stain the carpets." Tony murmured to himself. He pressed a button and Loki fell into a deep sleep.

Not surprisingly Tony actually got the machine to work and soon they were going through Loki's memories. Early memories of Loki's childhood made Tony sniffle a laugh. Video feeds of Loki tripping over his own feet and running to his mother after having a nightmare was something Tony saved away in case of a rainy day.

Finally it came to a memory of Loki going to Midgard with his wife Sigyn. It was old New York, around the end of the 1800s, they travelled round the USA. Then a year later they were back in Asgard and Sigyn was having a child. Tony waved Bruce over when they saw Loki cradling a baby.

Even though it was only just born, they could tell it was a girl by it being wrapped in a pink blanket. He was cooing at her as she slept peacefully in his arms. Sigyn was sitting up in bed smiling at the pair. Loki was hugging the child closely and Sigyn chuckled dearly. "Loki dear, it you hug her any tighter she's going to stop breathing." Loki rolled his eyes and returned to baby to Sigyn's awaiting arms. "I like the name Sierra. Like the time we visited Sierra Nevada." Sigyn sighed. "I like it to." Loki smiled.

Tony stopped the memories and looked to Bruce in shock. "Sierra is not a demigod." Tony gasped. "Save it that for later. We need to continue." Bruce said in shock. Tony nodded and saved the memory away. "She is really like her father." Tony growled.