Chapter 5: Is this for real?

Start from the beginning

'Cuz you walk into the room, girl you know you got it
Baby look around, you got a lot of options
What do I have to do? What do I have to do?
You're looking like a queen, walking through the palace
Fallin' on my knees, babe I'm losing balance
What do I have to do?
to be the ladies choice?

(A/N I know that the correct lyrics are 'to be the latest choice' but that lyric is what I thought Ross sung when I first heard the song and I thought it would make more sense to the story somehow if I made 'to be the ladies choice' the lyric. So don't go after me in the comments saying "Those aren't the right lyrics!" so yeah, anyway back to the story)

I laughed at the last lyric. I noticed Riker seemed to be looking straight at me when he sang. I let my hopes up for a second until I realized that he was probably looking at a focal point behind me. I saddened.

Then the guitar solo came.

Riker seemed to be motioning towards some lucky girl to come meet him at the side of the stage. He seemed to be looking at me. All the girls in the area were screaming and looking around and trying to figure out who he was looking at.

Then he pointed. I froze.

He was pointing straight at me. This time I knew for sure that he was looking at me but I couldn't move. But I didn't have to. To the left of me, Emily squealed, hugged me tightly from the side, and moved toward the side of the stage. Then I realized that he wasn't looking at me, but at Emily. My heart sunk lower than the floor.

Riker's POV

Tessie clearly wasn't getting it when I motioned to her. Plus all the girls around her were wondering who I was gesturing to. So I tried pointing to her. Her eyes widened. The girl who was standing next to her (who I assume was her friend, judging by the way they hugged each other). The girl screamed and ran to the side of the stage. I sighed. So much for that plan. But I realized that I could work around it, all was riding on the hope that the two were friends.

Emily's POV

OH MY GOD!!! Riker Lynch wants to talk to me! ME!I squeal, hug Tessie and push my way to the side of the stage. When I finally stumbled out, I was face to face with THE Riker Lynch. It was all I could do not to extreme fangirl.

"Hey I just was wondering something real quick. I have to get back up on stage." he said, out of breath even though it was only the 3rd song. "Are you with that dark curly haired girl?"

My smile dropped slightly. He wanted to talk about Tessie, not me. But at the same time, Riker Lynch was talking to me. "Oh, you mean Tessie? Yeah, she came with me."

Riker nodded and turned back to the band. He must have been running out of time before he had to be back onstage. He fumbled around in his pockets until he found what he was looking for. "Here ," he said, handing me two slips of paper , "these are backstage passes . Give these to the security guard at the end of the hallway on the North side of the auditorium. The guard will let you meet us after the show. Make sure you don't lose these or give them to anyone else other than your friend Tessie. Now I gotta go!" he ran back on stage.

I pushed back through the crowds. When I got back to Tessie, I noticed she was looking kinda down. But I knew just what would cheer her up.

"Tessie!" I yelled near her ear, since the band had started the next song. "Look what I got!" I waved the passes in her face. I look of confusion came over her features. "They're backstage passes to meet the band after the show!" I explained. Her confused look turned into one of surprise and then excitement.

Tessie's POV

Maybe I would have a chance with Riker after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

So, how was it? It's kinda longer then usual, but I think it's a good length. Do you think that Tessie has a chance with Riker? I don't know why I'm asking that because I'm pretty sure you know where this story it heading. I'd love your feedback! Also sorry for lying and saying that I was going to update twice last time. I got caught up with homework. :/

Insider Knowledge (I/K): This story was inspired by the YouTube video where Riker kisses the fan at the start of Cali Girls at the side of the stage and then fist bumps Rocky afterwards. You know, that video? It basically inspired this chapter which inspired this book. So now you know.

Don't forget to comment and vote and spread the news about my story! (It'd be nice if you did)

Thanks to the moon and back (I don't know, I was trying to be creative). Loves and hugs!

~ (fatunicorn37)