Ch. Two

I reluctently sat back down. I would've panicked but I felt so mellow that I almost forgot where I was.

"Jenna, please let us help you. Life is tough, too tough to take by yourself." Mr. S cares, I know he does. But I won't cave, ever! Even if I did want to talk, what would I say? That I hate everything. Ooh that's really important. Not! Gah! What a little emo! It sucks that its true. I AM emo. Oh well. Like I give a damn. My eyelids are starting to drupe. I need out of here.

"Jenna? Are you alright? ... Jenna!" I almost didn't hear Mr. Murray.

"I'm great." I said with as much fake enthusiasm as I could muster. They could see threw it immediately. I hate lying to them but I just want to sleep... sleep and never wake up.".... may I go now," I managed to squeak.

"No." They answered in sync.

Great! It was going to be one of THOSE chats. I really want to leave!

Mr. S started speaking again. "Fine, if you won't talk maybe you'll listen. I can tell you're on something. I don't know what, but it better stop. If it doesn't then I will have to report you. I really don't want to do that but you aren't leaving me much of a choice."

"It doesn't have to be difficult," Mr. Murray offered. "Addiction can be-"

"Addicted? Ha, as if!" It just slipped out.

"Then what is it then?" Mr. S truly wanting to understand.

"It's nothing." I stated.

"Nothing doesn't walk around like a ghost scaring everyone on campus. This nothing has us pretty worried."

"Well it's none of your damn business. Your wasting your time. If you'll excuse me I need to use the restroom." Pleaseletmego! I chanted in my head.

"...yes.." Mr. S sighed. He looked kind of sad. Great now I feel bad. Murray moved to let me pass and shut the door behind me so they could talk. I ran out of there as fast as I could go. I made sure the halls were empty and snuck out of the side door.

I walked home. I had no where else to go. Please don't let Mom be there, please... shit.

"Hey! Little whore! What the hell are you doing here!"

"They sent me home, Mah."

"Why? Did you start spreading some STD?" Mom cackled. That sound makes my skin crawl.

"No, Mah. They think I'm sick"

"Dip shits. Make me a sanddwhich."

"Yes Ma'am." Mom was being nice today. Thank god! I took her the sandwhich and gave her a beer. She seemed content with that. I had and hour and a half to rest before the kiddos got home. I took a long nap.

***

A while later Clair and Jake bust through my door making me wide awake. I got up and made them apples and peanut butter for their snack. I started the nightly routine: snacks, homework, fun time, showers, story time, and bed. All the mean while I'm cooking dinner, doing laundry,and attempting to keep the house from looking like a tornado.

Once Clair and Jake were asleep I went and took some meds so I would fall asleep.

-------------------

Thanks for reading! I hope its better. I've decided that it will be a student/teacher story. It should be gettin good. ; J