Epilogue

* 5 years later *

"I have something I want to show you," Nik said

"What would that be?" I asked

I followed him out onto our patio, the gazebo had lights wrapped around it and there was a rose petal trail to it. In the gazebo was a table and chairs, candles were lit and gleamed in the moonlight.

I thought he forgot our anniversary, we'd been together for six years already. I hoped all day that he'd pop the question but when he didn't I felt a little down and figured he wasn't going to.

But right now was the perfect moment.

"Thank you so much," I kissed him before taking a seat

We sat down and ate our food, he'd made my favorite food; Chinese take out.

"Caroline Forbes, I've known I loved you since the day I laid eyes on you," he got out of his seat and  got on one knee "Will you be my wife?"

"Yes!" I screamed and shouted

"Wait, there's more," he pulled papers out from under his chair

"What are these?"

"Read them," he smiled at me

I didn't say a word I just looked up at him.

"I wanted to be here when we did this," he said

He wanted to adopt a baby boy.

"You know there's no way I couldn't love you," I said as I placed a kiss on his lips

"I love you too," he kissed my forehead and we sat back down.

I never once dreamed of a life like this one. My life is so beautiful sometimes I'm scared I'll wake up and it'll all be some dream. Losing the life I have had to be my biggest fear because without my family I am nothing.

Klaus and I were able to tell Esther about our lifestyle, at first she was angry we didn't tell her but ultimately she accepted us for who we are. I remember being so scared that she'd fear me for who I am and how I live but she thinks it's so cool, kids.

I remember thinking how years ago after Nik died I wanted to keep our love a legacy, and I think I succeeded. I am so glad I was able to teach my daughter about love.

Love isn't selfish or unkind. Love is something to be shared all around the world, with everyone. Even though it may get difficult and frustrating you can't just walk away, you have to fight. Love is beautiful and it can heal the utmost broken heart.

The love Nik and I share is different and it's complicated to those outside of it but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

A/n

I know it's a short story but at least it has a happy ending 😄! I really appreciate all of your support, thank you so much! Btw if you like the teen titans I'm starting a raven and beast boy fanfic!