Chapter 2

I woke up at 7:00 to take a shower, after my shower I put on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Jamie ended up sleeping over at the neighbors house so I don't have to worry about her being alone. I put my hair in a bun, and walked over to Josh's house to ask him a question.

Once I got there, I knocked 3 times, no answer, rang the doorbell once and I hear footsteps coming to the door, it opens to reveal a woman who looks to be in her 40's. 

"Hi, I'm Alex I moved in next door yesterday. Um, last night when I was here, I met Josh. Is he here?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied "oh and I'm Ellie, his mom. Would you like to come in and take a seat, I could get you something to drink."

"Well that would be great but I just need to talk to Josh. I don't want to put you to work." I answered truthfully. Most of my life I've been the one put to work. 

"Oh nonsense. I'll get you a water. JOSH, GET DOWN HERE!" She yelled. She had already began walking away before I could protest.

"Coming" I heard him say. Then I saw him coming down the stairs shirtless. Again. When he saw me he smiled and said. "Just couldn't wait till our date, Could Ya?" A little girl, about Jamie's age, ran down the stairs behind him and he picked her up with ease.

"Well that's why I came over. I was wondering if we could just stay at my house. Nobody will be there. I don't have parents and so there's that. I was just wondering because I'm kinda tired. My, um, little sister kept waking me up. And I was unpacking last night." 

"How old is your sister?" He asked. 

"Um, she just turned four." i replied, almost hesitantly. 

"Nice, Rosie here is five. They could be friends." He said smiling. "Well, I'll be over at your house in about 10 minutes."

"Sounds good. I'll see you then." I said as I walked out of the house and towards my own.