Chapter 9

EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES!

August
2Weeks Later

"What it do? It's Ya boy August Alsina he'a and you're tuned in ta' Tha hottest station in Atlanta, Hot 107.9! Don't touch dat dial! I'm in tha buildin'!"

It's Monday mornin' and I'm doin' a fuckin' radio interview. Yes, I'm upset some what. I'm upset for Bre because ha' fatha' missed takin' ha ta' school this mornin'.

These past couple weeks me and my BreBre been inseparable. I take ha' ta' school & pick ha' up in tha' afta'noons. When I take ha' home I help ha' with homework and I stay long enough ta' tuck ha' in ta' bed.  On weekends, she stays with me.

I haven't told anyone about Bre yet. I hinted around it ta' my potna's but I don't know if they caught on or not. I even hinted around on Instagram about her but no one knows the truth about what I'm tryna say.

My managa', Tete, he'a wit' me; As Well as my publicist, Ariel. I'm cool with both of them. Te Te is real cool and down ta' earth. Not only does she plan all of my shows and events and keep me organized, she also motivates me and inspires me to keep goin' and do betta. At the end of tha' day I can go ta' ha' as a friend and not just as my managa'.

Being that I have maja' trust issues, I can't say tha' same about Ariel. She's a nice lady, but I couldn't see myself eva' tellin' ha' my personal business. Well, at least not right now. I just hired ha' a few months ago.

"We're going back on in 3, Aug" Traci, the radio interviewer tol' me. I shook my head ok.

I pulled my phone out my pocket. Shai had text me. I opened the message and it was a picture of Bre. My baby looked like she was crying. (Conversation in MM) I replied and got ready for the interview. I pulled the mic towards me as the clock counted down from 10.

"4...3...2..."

"Goodmorning Atlanta! This is Ya' girl, Traci Steele and I'm here with the oh so talented, Mr. August Alsina! How are you Aug?"

"I'm good, I'm good. Can't complain."

"Let's jump right on it. The last time you were here we asked about your love life. Remember?"

"Yea, I rememba'." I laughed knowing exactly what she was getting at.

"And do you remember how you answered?"

"Ya, I tol' you that I wasn't in a relationship and I wasn't gon'a get in one until I'm good and ready."

"So is the time now that you're good and ready?

"Nah, I'm still... preparing myself and... considering my options, if I may."

"We'll come back to these options in a minute, but wassup with these captions on your Instagram post?" She laughed.

"What's wrong wit' em?"

"Let me pull them up so I can quote them correctly"

"I'm listening."

"Under one you said, 'I found the love of my life'. And that same day on Twitter you said, 'she's got my heart.❤️' This has been going on for about two weeks now, So wassup Aug? Who's this mysterious woman who's swept you off your feet?"