Chapter 8

Enjoy!

August

"You got ya' seat belt buckled?" Bre shook her head yes. "Iight, let's roll."

We'd just left Build-A-Bea' , our first stop of ta'day! Babygirl seemed ta' enjoy that. Ion really know we'a ta' take ha, so I'm takin' ha places I know my nieces would like. So far my strategy has worked.

"Where are we going now daddy?" Bre asked so sweetly as I pulled out tha' parkin' lot.

"I don't know yet. What'chu like ta' do?"

"You know... girl stuff Daddy, but what ever you pick will be fun 'cause I'm with you."

Im convinced I have tha' cutest daughta' in tha' history of daughta's.

It's amazing how much she's been making me smile already. I think I know sumwe'a I could take ha' that we'd both enjoy.

Jade

"Are you ready now?" I asked Shai for the 100th time, literally.

"No. When I'm done, I'll be done. Stop asking."

"Fine."

It always takes her hours to get ready. It doesn't matter where she's going, she always is dressed up for the event. Both of my sisters are like that. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that; but I'd slip on a tee shirt and sweats or yoga pants and call it a day.

Since Shai is a make-up freak, she spends most of her time perfecting her face. She makes sure she uses just enough of the right colors of eyeshadow , blush, and concealer for the look she's portraying. It's never too much or too little. It's always just right.

That's one thing I adored about Shai. Everything is always perfect. From her style to the way she handled business, it's all perfect.

"Bueno, mi hermana... Ya terminé."

I rolled my eyes, "Por fin"

I walked out of her room and into the hallway. I waited downstairs for my sister, but not before peeking in her 'fridge ta' see what kind of snacks she had. I stole one of Bre's juice boxes and headed back to sit down.

"How long is Bre going to be gone!?" I yelled so that she could hear me.

"Just today... You know I can't be without her for a long time. I started  missing her ten minutes after they left."

I laughed, "I miss her too."

"There's nothing funny. Come on."

Shanelle, our older sister, scheduled a lunch date for the three of us today. I'd come over to Shai's to see Bre, but she's with August today. Nelly called while I was here so I figured I'd stay to ride with her.

"Why do you think Nelly wants us to meet up?" I asked.

"I don't know... I don't think it's about anything bad. We need this... We haven't spent time together in months."

Ever since the first of this year, great things have happened to all three of us career wise. We've been extra busy so we hardly have time for each other anymore. On top of that, Shanelle and Shai have children that have to be taken care of.

***

"Welcome to Maggiano's! How are you ladies doing today?" The hostess greeted us.

"We're good!" Shai said with a warm smile. "I believe our sister had reservations for us..."

"Yes ma'am!" He looked down at the list of people on the sheet. "Mrs. Shanelle Malphurs?"