“Looks like it’s still too soon to declare a result for the match.” Tamaki commented. “It’s not over yet.”

* * * *

Momoi was in a state of shock, staring at Kise in disbelief, almost as if she can’t believe her eyes. Tamaki’s words about Kise back during their second year of Teiko rose to the surface of her mind almost immediately.

“It’s probably as you’ve said, Satsuki.” Tamaki commented even as she picked up the discarded basketballs lying around the court, tossing it into the basketball cage next to her. “Kise-kun might be the most inexperienced out of all of us, and maybe you might be right in saying that it’s reckless to have him enter the first string regulars after just four months of training. But amongst us, he is also the one with the most potential.” The teal haired girl looked at her best friend, a secret smile playing on her lips. “He might just be the bane of the Generation of Miracles themselves. Especially Aomine-kun. Nothing is more frustrating and psychologically damaging to an athlete than seeing someone copy and use their own move.”

‘Is this what you’d meant, Tamaki-chan?’ Momoi thought in shock, staring at Kise. Nothing in her data could have ever prepared her for this. ‘He’s still incomplete and nothing compared to the real thing, but he’s learning much faster than I’d expected!’

* * * *

Wakamatsu approached the unusually stiff Touou captain who seemed to have turned into a statue. “Nice foul, Cap—”

Imayoshi cut Wakamatsu off before the blonde Center could complete his sentence. “Wakamatsu, do you still remember the day that Aomine joined?” he asked seriously. There is a dark tone to Imayoshi’s voice, and he seemed almost…afraid, much to Wakamatsu’s confusion. “I thought he seemed promising, and at the same time, when I imagined playing against him, I got goosebumps.” Imayoshi fell silent momentarily, recalling the first day of basketball practice when Momoi had dragged Aomine with her to the gym. He then chuckled darkly. “This isn’t good. I’ve got goosebumps.” He admitted.

* * * *

‘Looks like the real battle starts now.’ Tamaki thought, her hands placed beneath her chin. ‘I didn’t expect for Kise-kun to learn as fast as this. And then again, that just proves his resolve to win against Daiki. But…’ The teal haired girl frowned as she followed the blonde down on the court with her eyes. ‘How long can he keep this up?’

* * * *

For the next couple of minutes, the tables were turned, as Touou is now the one struggling against Kise who used moves that Touou was used to seeing being used on their opponents. Imayoshi’s worse nightmare had just come true – it is like Touou is playing against a milder version of one Aomine Daiki.

No sane basketball player will want to play against the former ace of the Generation of Miracles. There are a number of reasons why that legendary team is thus dubbed as a ‘monster team’, and why several teams have actually given up on playing against them halfway in a match during their second and third years, especially if Aomine Daiki is out on the court.

Kise leapt towards the end of the court line and threw the ball towards the hoop.

Touou was immediately reminded of the move that Aomine had used against Kagami during the Seirin versus Touou match. Not to be deterred, Wakamatsu immediately leapt upwards, trying to stop Kise from scoring. Unfortunately, the blonde Center crashed into Kise, thus causing the referee to blow sharply on his whistle, calling out a foul.

“Pushing, Black No. 6! Free throw, two shots!”

* * * *

“Kise’s amazing!” Koganei commented in wonder, staring at the blonde teen in amazement. “He’s just like Aomine!”