Musings

I have been sitting for the past few weeks trying to come up with a plan. Truthfully, I have got nothing. I am really pathetic. Right now I am just so frustrated and mad at myself. I can't even concentrate at work. Yesterday, I had an important meeting, by the end of which all I had was 'How to impress Rach' written with doodles of hearts and stars. HEARTS AND STARS! What is wrong with me?

I have been wracking my brain over what I could do and I got nothing. The fact that Rach is the only girl I ever dated really doesn't help. When I first started dating her, I was so insecure and clueless. I sometimes really wonder what the hell she was thinking when she agreed to go out with me. Maybe, I should buy her something? Oh!! Diamonds or a car? Why the hell would she stay with me because I bought....

"Sir, may I come in" I looked up to see my assistant, Lucy stand by the door. I gestured her to come in. Lucy had been my assistant for about 5 years now. She has to be the best in the world. She was more a friend than an assistant in a way.  She is an extremely loving person just bubbling with so much life. She is so happy all the time. Her mood is really infectious which is why it's hard to be grumpy around her. She is very attractive too with her blond curly hair and hazel eyes. I bet guys are just dying to date her. In some weird way she reminds me of Helen, my youngest daughter. Maybe, that is why I feel extremely protective for.

She smiled widely at me, "How is my favorite boss today?"  Usually, I find some weird ways to answer her. She always tells me her favourite was when I got up, did the chicken dance and said "CRACK-A-LACKING!" I am not one of those moody, grumpy mean bosses. I am one of those bosses everyone wishes I had. I am not just blowing my trumpet or anything but I always was fun at work. Today, however, I was moody and grumpy because I was just not able to come to solution.

So,I grunted, "You have only one boss" She stuck her tongue out, "Fine! Be murky" She always did act like a kid around me. But, when she had to be professional, she was the best. It's almost like two different characters infused in one. 

I grinned and said "You know other places would fire you for saying things like that to your boss"

"Oh please! You love me too much to fire me! In fact, I know you pray every day that I don't just get tired and quit." I laughed and muttered "Whatever helps you sleep at night"

"I heard that! Anyway, as much fun as I am having here talking to my murky boss. I need to go. I just came to say that I send the files over to the Legals. Aaaannnddd....You have a 2o' clock today. You have 15 minutes to get there sir." I groaned in frustration, "Do I have to go?" I generally, hated meetings. Most of them were just people shouting angrily at each other for not getting what they wanted. Today, I was specially not in a mood for that. She smirked me. I knew she was trying to hold in her laughter at my childish behavior but her eyes were twinkling with amusement. "Yes you do."

"But I don't wanna" She burst out laughing. "Okay kiddo! How about this. if you go for the meeting I will give you....CANDY!" I glared at her, "I am not a kid."

"Then stop acting like one" and she stuck her tongue out. I sighed.She shook her head in amusement. She walked to the door to leave and then she spun around and said, "How about I come with you and I make notes so that you can dream about... well... whatever it is that you dream about?" I grinned, "Yes! I love you!" She chuckled as she stepped out, "I know! I am the best!"

Hours just rolled by I guess, because next thing I know Lucy was telling me to, and I quote "get  your ass off that extremely sinfully comfortable chair and come for the meeting" If she wasn't so amazing I would fire her for being disrespectful. And also the fact that I love her so much and if I let her go she would easily find an amazing job in the blink of an eye and I would get some boring crappy assistant.