[ diez ]

(nemesio) [ diez ] 

(^ a/n: only liga mx fans will get the chapter title. its a play on words haha. if you type in nemesio diez in google, you'll know what i mean.)

From the day that Aimée chose Milan, he and his younger brother Sasha stopped talking to each other. Their parents and closest friends were worried about them because the two of them had been so close, and were now not speaking to each other, over a girl. Sasha still talked to Aimée, and she had found out through him that he would be leaving Spain at the end of the week. He would be going on a tour of Latin America to promote his new album, which had all been written about her and the heart ache he was feeling because he did not have her.

He asked her to go to the airport to see him off, but Aimée wasn't sure how Milan would feel about that. Sasha was his brother and she had once been in love with him as well. 

Milan would certainly not be going. Aimée had casually mentioned how she had heard that Sasha was leaving the country and Milan responded scornfully that he was glad Sasha was leaving, and that he wouldn't be going to the airport to say goodbye. Each time he remembered that his brother would not speak to him anymore, he became visibly upset. But it had been his own fault, and Aimée's as well.

Aimée finally decided she would go, and she would tell Sasha how much Milan loved him.

And she did just that.

That weekend in the early afternoon she went to the airport. She had told Milan she was going, and that he was welcome to come along if he wanted to. But again, Milan refused.

She arrived a good half hour before the flight was announced and she received glares from Sasha and Milan's parents. They didn't think that she was a bad person, and certainly didn't think that she had bad intentions, but that still didn't change the fact that her decisions were the reason why Sasha was upset. It was the reason he was leaving Spain, and it was the reason why their two sons were not speaking to each other. Milan hadn't even shown up to the airport, and that disappointed his parents as well.

Sasha grinned when he saw her and raced to her side, pulling her into his embrace. "Thank you for coming, querida--Sorry. Aimée." He corrected himself. She was his brother's girlfriend and he could no longer call her that.

Querida. Beloved.

"Look Sasha, I'm sorry about all this--" She started, but he silenced her by placing his index finger on her lips.

With a shake of his head, he told her, "You don't have to apologize for the way you feel."

"But its my fault you're hurting." She tried to start apologizing again.

He shook his head once more. "Yeah, it hurts. But I couldn't force you to love me. I'd much rather have you be happy with Milan, than miserable with me."

Aimée felt the sting of tears in her blue eyes. Sasha was a very kind hearted person who only wanted her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him. It was those kind of gestures that had made her fall in love with him, the same way that she had fallen in love with Milan. But she could never tell him that. She had made her decision, and saying otherwise would give him a hope that might never be fulfilled.

When the silent tears spilled from her eyes and she said nothing, feeling a lump in her throat, Sasha looked past her shoulder with hopeful eyes that soon were replaced with disappointment. "Where's Milan? Did he come with you?" He asked her.

She shook her head, forcing the disappointing words that would serve to break his heart even more. Her words came out in shaky breaths as she spoke. "He didn't come, Sasha. I'm sorry. But, he loves you, I know he does, even if he's mad right now. He loves you."

Sasha looked away from her and down to the ground as tears filled his own eyes. From his lips escaped a short and breathy sound that was a pitiful attempt at an uncaring laugh. "He must love you more if he didn't even come to say goodbye." He said to her, adding moments later, "He must be glad I'm leaving so that I won't try to romance his girlfriend anymore."

"Flight 1899B  is ready for boarding." They heard over the speakers at the airport.

"That's my flight." Sasha informed her, and he hugged her one last time.

"Good luck." She forced a smile onto her face.

She had really thought Milan would have a change of heart, and that he would show up, but even as Sasha said goodbye to his friends and family, Milan was nowhere to be found. Soon Sasha disappeared into the crowd and left everyone in the terminal's waiting area.

Aimée was quick to turn on her heel and make her escape. She wasn't ready to face the glares of his family and friends on her own.

-

She returned to Milan's apartment that night. They usually spent their days off together, since they coincided on  most of them. The moment she opened the front door, she saw Milan lounging on the couch with a large pizza box balanced on his chest, and the remote at hand. On the television was a bad old movie that he was pretending to watch.

"Milan, Sasha is gone." She told him, closing the door and walking a few steps to stand in front of the television. "He'll be gone for a whole six months." When Milan ignored her words and said nothing, she added, "Your parents were very disappointed that you didn't show up, so was Sasha."

"Good. At least now I won't have to watch him hit on my girlfriend. Six months without my brother are six months of freedom." Milan he finally made eye contact with her. His brown eyes were red and puffy like he had cried while she was away. On the couch was his cellphone, unlocked and opened to his messages where he had typed a text for his brother, but never sent it because he had been too prideful. 

Aimée felt herself becoming angry at him. "He really wanted you to be there, and you wanted to be there too. I don't understand why you have to be like this, so fucking prideful, Milan."

Milan sat up on the couch abruptly, the pizza box and its contents falling to the ground. The control in his hand was launched onto the carpet floor of the living room in anger. "If you think Sasha's so fucking great, and all, maybe you should have run off with him. Run off with him instead of coming back here to me, your boyfriend."

"God, Milan!" She brought her hands to her face and let out a bitter laugh. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Even after she chose him, he was acting like she was seeing Sasha behind his back. "This isn't about me liking Sasha or your stupid jealousy and pride. Get over yourself, and see the real problem here. Your brother is gone, and you didn't even show up to say goodbye." Gesturing to herself, she added, "I'm your girlfriend, but I'm just a girl. He's your brother, Milan. Its not possible that you would stop talking to him over me. It shouldn't be like that."

The Barcelona footballer heaved a sigh. "I know, mi vida. You're right. Its just that I know that you liked him too. I love you too much and I can't bear the thought of you leaving me for Sasha. I just can't."

Aimée cut the distance between the two and sat on his lap, encircling him with her arms and placing her head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around her waist and he held her close to him, resting his chin atop her head. "I chose you, amor." She assured him.

"I know." He told her. "And I promise I'll talk to my brother so we can make peace."

At this, Aimée grinned. "Thank you, amor."

She would need to talk to Elionor as well, and hope that they could make peace just like Milan and Sasha were going to do.

-

yet another update for this story. from here there are about three to four more updates, i dont exactly remember, but stay tuned for them because then this story will end and there may (or may not) be a part two. i honestly am still just thinking about it. but the sequel will focus on other characters. mostly marc bartra and ashley's daughter elionor (this is marc and ashley from 'barca boys'). 

i hope you all enjoyed reading the story. i definitely enjoyed writing it.

have an amazing week!

-clary xx