[ nueve ]

[ nueve ] 

Both Milan and Sasha had become upset with their friend Elionor after they saw the two girls nearly get into a fist fight on the field. The two brothers had thought it was a dirty tackle on Elionor's part, and that Aimée had every right to be mad. Neither of them knew--or had any idea--that the real reason the girls had gotten into a fight was over the two of them. Aimée liked the two of them and didn't know which one to date, while Elionor wanted her friend to back off because she didn't want the brothers to get hurt in the end. 

Elionor tried to explain to them what had happened, but both of them were too upset at her to even listen. That drove an even deeper wedge in Aimée and Elionor's frienship, which their parents weren't very happy about.

Aimée's mother Valerie had been friends with Elionor's mother Ashley since they met at the university. They became quick friends and were still the best friends even after more than twenty years. Never did the two ever think that their daughters would end up in a fight like that, and no one really knew the reason for their spat.

It was a few days later when Aimée finally cooled off and realized that Elionor had been right. In stringing them both along, even though she was interested in both of them, she was only hurting them. She was tearing the two brothers apart and she needed to come to a decision. 

After hours of thinking about it, she finally decided on Milan, and felt as though she had made the right choice. Sasha was a world famous artist who would be touring the world and meeting all kinds of people while she would stay in Madrid taking care of her own career. She saw it as more plausible that Sasha would soon forget her once he got himself more immersed and distracted with his music and world tours. With Milan, she saw a relationship working better because distance wasn't going to be a big issue for them. He played for FC Barcelona, which was only a few hours of a flight away from her home town. She also considered that it would be more difficult to avoid Milan because he was so close.

Aimée liked both of them just the same, but in the end she decided on the one she felt more safe around. Milan was a footballer just like her and came from a world she already knew. Sasha was from an entirely different world that she wasn't sure if she would be able to fit in.

She asked to meet up with Sasha in person, as this was something she didn't want to do over the phone. They met up at her house and he arrived with a smiling face, in hopes that his querida had chosen him. But upon arriving, he saw the serious look upon her face and his own smile dropped into a look of worry. Aimée led him silently into the living room of her house and asked him to sit on the couch where she sat right next to him. 

"I'm assuming you'll give me some bad news." Sasha guessed, biting down on his bottom lip nervously.

Aimée gave a nod of her head. "Sasha, I've really enjoyed talking to you these past couple of months. But I thought things really hard and I realized that I love Milan, and I want to be with him." Her voice got smaller as she had finished her sentence and her blue eyes burned with tears.

He sat there frozen, with no response at first. And then an inner pain flashed in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to say more than he did, and the only words that left his lips were, "I understand." He told her with a nod, and he slowly picked himself back on his feet and walked toward the front door to the house.

She wanted to stop him, but there really wasn't much more for them to say to each other. The blonde broke out into tears as she heard the door close behind him. She had chosen Milan because it was the most comfortable choice, and she loved him just the same. But knowing that she was losing Sasha made her heart ache. He had been so good to her, and he didn't deserve the pain she was causing him. Aimée knew it was for the best. She needed to come to her decision before everyone ended up hurt.