[ seis ]

[ seis ]

The date with Milan went from the afternoon to night time without Aimée realizing it. She had been having so much fun. The carnival in the clearing was like nothing she had seen before, it was almost magical. Milan explained to her that it was a Catalan tradition, to have the carnival in that spot because it was traditionally the very same spot where the gypsies had their carnivals long ago. 

Per request of Milan, they went on all the rides together, even the roller coasters which Aimée wasn't entirely fond of. But he was especially thrilled on the ferris wheel. He had wanted to ride the ferris wheel romantically, under the light of the moon and the stars like the old gypsy legends of his beloved Catalunya. Instead, Aimée was practically sitting on his lap, hiding her face in his shirt and screaming off the top of her lungs.

When Milan asked her what was wrong--rather amused at the situation--she responded, "I always hated ferris wheels. They make me feel like I'm gonna fall off and die."

That was all the explanation he needed to seize his opportunity. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight until the ride was over. In Aimée's defense, Milan had also agreed that the ferris wheel had gone a little too fast for comfort. He got off the ride stumbling and dizzy, while Aimée was absolutely okay because she hadn't been looking outside while the ride was in motion. She had been too busy hiding her face in his shirt, which Milan didn't mind one bit.

"Of all the rides to be afraid of." He joked with her as they made their way toward their next destination in the carnival. "Why the ferris wheel?"

"For one," She began, counting her reasons with the fingers on her left hand. "Those things don't have seat belts. Second, they move way too fast. And third, they have no doors or lap bars or anything. They're an accident waiting to happen."

Milan chuckled. "At least you have good reasons." 

Her fear from the ferris wheel suddenly dissipated, she grabbed a hold of his hand and stepped in front of him, both of them stopping in their tracks. Milan laced his fingers with hers and she grinned at him, her smile even more perfect to him in the country side's moonlight. "Where are you taking me next?" She asked him.

His dark eyes looked past her to see a football challenge booth. One had five footballs and three targets to hit. The sign at the front promised that hitting the three targets would get the winner a giant teddy bear. Gesturing to the booth, he told her confidently, "I'm gonna win that bear for you, so when you go to sleep at night you can hold it in your arms and pretend its me." Aimée looked in the direction that he was looking, and her smile seemed to get bigger. 

"If you don't win it, you can always just buy it off the booth person." She teased jokingly.

Milan scoffed. "Nena, if I can't win that bear for you, then I will have lost all my honor."

With his hand still in hers, he led her across the clearing, and weaved through several people to get to the football booth. At least that was one thing Sasha couldn't do for her, Milan smiled to himself. His brother liked football, and he liked watching it too, but he wasn't any good at it. It was like he had two left feet.

The Barcelona footballer placed some money down on the counter and said to the worker, "Caballero," Gentleman, "I would like to play this game. I'm gonna win that bear for my novia." As he said the last part, he looked at her and winked.

Aimée was close to protesting and reminding him that this was only their first date, but who was she to embarrass him like that in front of someone? She would need to talk to him later to clear things up. She herself wasn't sure who she liked more of the two brothers. Aimée would also need to clear things up with herself.