[ cinco ]

[ cinco ]

Aimée had been talking to Sasha all weekend, while also getting the occasional text from Milan. She had to admit Sasha was better at keeping up a conversation with her, despite the fact that they were entirely different. She had many more things in common with Milan, but she found that he would go very long without messaging her back. 

She didn't mind it as much because she had Sasha to talk to. 

He had been telling her that he was in the studio, recording his next single. Aimée appreciated that he was still taking the time to text her anyway. And he even told her that the single would be out on the radio in a couple of weeks, that it was a surprise for her. Aimée went red in the face slightly when Sasha told her he had been inspired by her, and that the song was dedicated to her. He promised she would be the first person to listen to it, the night before its release, and they had made plans for it.

Aimée was typing into her phone with a goofy grin on her face when she got a notification for an incoming text message. It was from Milan, replying to her after about an hour and a half. She had even forgotten already what their conversation was about.

milan: go to your front gates ;)

aimée: why??

milan: just do it please. <3

Aimée sighed and forced herself to get out of bed. It had been an especially tiring day at training and she arrived home completely drained of energy. The moment she had gotten inside the house, she raced to her room, changed into her pajamas, and got into bed. Her pajamas were a pair of Adidas training pants and one of her dad's old white jerseys from when he played in Real Madrid. He had a closet full of them. They were ones he had worn at actual matches, many of them were from important games or tournaments.

He had given many of them away, but the ones he still had were in that closet. Her mother Valerie always complained playfully about how Toni's closet was bigger than hers. But it was just so difficult for him to part with something so meaningful.

Aimée knew he even still had the jersey he wore at the world cup final in Brazil. That one was framed and kept in his bedroom where it was almost on display for everyone to see.

Aimée wanted to be able to do that with one of her jerseys one day.

She left her bedroom and trudged down the stairs to the front door. Then she followed the cement path that led to the gates. When she got there she saw, standing at the other side of them, Milan Piqué. He was freshly showered, dressed in jeans, a Barcelona t-shirt (which she knew he had probably done on purpose), and a leather jacket.

She immediately felt subconscious about being over dressed and her hand went to rake through her blonde hair. "Hey Milan." She smiled shyly.

"Were you about to go to sleep?" He wondered, looking her over.

Aimée shook her head. "Uh...no."

"Good." He grinned at her, and she felt her heart begin to thump quicker against her chest. "I was thinking maybe you and I could go out tonight."

"You came here from Barcelona for me?" Her blue eyes stared into his brown ones.

Milan nodded. "Yeah."

"Just give me a minute." She said. "I need to change clothes."

"That Madrid jersey is nice." He teased, and she knew he didn't mean what he said about liking her shirt. He was just like his father, always poking fun at Real Madrid. She had seen old interviews of Gerard Piqué, and she had to admit he was not her favorite person. But the fact that Milan was doing it and it didn't matter to him that she played for Real Madrid was something that she liked.