Chapter 5

I was beginning to realize how perfect time Asim had chosen for us to escape.

It was the time for the patrol to start, that way there would be lesser invaders inside the school, and chance of us getting caught inside was thin. And after the patrol is done the curfew is lifted for two hours, during which the citizens are allowed to move freely, that was the time we citizens would purchase our necessities.

"Wait here" he said.

He made me stand at the corner of a grocery store. I saw him walk towards the grocery's door. He signaled me to hide.

I did so.

Asim had got us here, hidden from the patrol, this grocery was very near to the school. I was wondering why he got us here.

"Come lets go" He came back to get me

And we went inside the grocery store.

"How did you manage to do that" I asked surprisingly.

"What" he questioned.

"I mean you have a dress up of the invaders, the grocery owner is from our side, and all of us hate the invaders, why will he let you in his grocery"

"Well because I showed him my face, and he knows me since I was a child" he explained

And I desired that he would show me his face too, although I disliked his hoarse voice, which was actually comforting to me now. But I knew if I asked him to do it he would say in the same voice, I can't reveal my identity you know. And I wondered how could he reveal it to the grocery owner. I was a bit confused and jealous.

"And he is also one of the freedom fighters, his name is Abdullah" He added.

Well that made sense, but still it did make me jealous and as I turned towards him and though his face was covered I could make out he was smiling, looking at me.

"What" I hissed

"Nothing" He said, still with that smile on. I felt he knew I was jealous and was giving me a teasing smile.

The grocery owner got us some food, which I really needed, we now had to wait for the curfew to be lifted.

Asim spent the whole time with Abdullah and I could hear them speak in our language, but still I didn't understand why he continued to speak in English with me.

"Okay we are going to go drop you home now, Mr Abdullah has let me borrow his car." He said

Home, I was finally getting home.

We got into the car and as the curfew was lifted we could drive back freely without any one stalking us. And before we started I asked him.

"How did you manage the cameras?"

"Oh well, you see these invaders follow a schedule, a well planned schedule, and I knew who were to be posted on the duty of the surveillance room, there were two of them, and I had visited them with some special coffee, if you know what I mean, after drinking which they would probably fall into some beautiful dreams, accompanied with loud snoring, I am glad I am away from those snoring now." He ended with a laugh.

"I can't understand how you are able to laugh under such circumstances, and what about those guards whom you attacked, are they dead"

"So two questions huh, to answer the first one, life is a learning experience, I noticed that as we grow older the things which make us sad, change over time, and then we laugh at those things which made us sad when we were young, for example, as kids if when we run out of chocolates, although we were the one's to finish it, we feel sad about it and wished there were more, and now thinking about it we do laugh, isn't it" he looked at me questioningly.