Prologue

I blinked a few times to adjust to the light, as someone removed my blindfold.

I could see iron bars in front of me, and beyond those bars I could see a man holding a gun, staring at me with his fierce eyes, his face covered with a shemagh.

He said something, and fear ran through me, and another second I could feel someone grab my hands, I shrieked and tried to pull myself away but I couldn't set myself free from the grasp, I cried trying to break free, but he held my hands tight, I eased a bit when I realized he was actually setting me free off the handcuffs.

I half ran, half fell to the corner of the cell, trying to get as far as I could from them, this other man who was inside the cell was also dressed the same as the one outside. I saw him walk out and lock the cell I was in.

I lowered myself slowly to the ground with my back against the wall of the corner of the cell, pulling my knees towards me and wrapped my arms around my legs, I could feel my heartbeat, those two were whispering something amongst them and I saw one of them leave through the door.

The walls looked very old and tattered, the cellar had just enough light to make everything in the room visible. There were few other cells, but all of them were deserted, I was the only one there, me and the monster outside.

I looked at him grab a chair and sit down, placing his gun beside the chair, he looked at me again with his fierce eyes and another bolt of fear ran through my body, I buried my face in my knees this time.

I hated them, we all hated them, these were the invaders who had taken over our hometown, all we did after their arrival was keep ourselves away from them, and try not to get arrested, but after all the effort I had ended up here.

They have caught many people before me , and none of us have heard about them after that, tears filled my eyes thinking what was going to happen to me now, will I ever be back to my husband , will I ever see my kids again, these were just few of the thoughts going through my head.

I tightened my arms around my legs and could feel my clothes damp with my tears, I knew my sobs could be heard.

I really wanted to go back to my family, I wanted to get back home, the thought of never seeing them again was so painful, I had to see them again.

I had to escape.