5

Chapter 5

School was crazy today. It's not like it wasn't everyday, but now that Tyler and I were neighbours, the school had gone wilder than ever.

I had no idea how they knew, but news spread around very fast at our school, especially with the two of us involved.

Tyler probably must've told his friends and they spread it or something. But honestly, I couldn't care less.

I had class so I'd better hurry if I didn't want to end up in detention.

"Peters!"

Arfgh! Here came detention! I decided to keep walking, who cared about what he had to say? Okay, the whole school cared, but you know what I mean.

"Peters! Wait!"

"What?! I'm getting late for class!"

"You told the school we're neighbors? I knew it! You want the school to know you live next to me now? So desperate! But I know you can't help it. Who wouldn't want a piece of this," he said smirking and gesturing to himself.

I rolled my eyes. The misjudgements again. Guess he hasn't changed. I mean, what could I expect?

Okay I know that's hypocritical of me, but it's hard to think logically when you're standing in the presence of lucifer himself.

"You can't be serious, I mean you're the one who told the school and now you are blaming it on me?! Low move dude."

"But I didn't -"

"Whatever, I'm already late for class. Bye!"

"Running away? That settles it. You know you did it and that's why you're changing the subject and walking off to class"

Okay! I've had enough. One detention isn't going to hurt. I mean, it's not like I always get one. I stomped back to him and shouted right in his face.

"I didn't tell anyone Martins. They were already whispering and shouting when I walked into school. Believe it or not, I really don't care."

"Well, then who did? I sure didnt."

I rolled my eyes at his imaturity.

"I really don't understand why it bothers you so much. You and I both know that anything involving us spreads like wildfire around here as much as we hate it. Stop being a baby Martins. Grow up. You got me a detention."

By now a crowd had formed. They all had their phones out because they're jobless and love the drama. Pigs.

We were arguing back and fourth and it had become pointless.

"I know all you want is attention Peters."

What the flip was he even saying. It didnt make any sense for heaven's sake.

"Martins, your argument is pointless and absolutely nonsense. I already have more attention than you ever will. You're the one who wants it, hence this fight."

"This fight?"

"Oh my God. I mean you're fighting with me because you know it'll get you attention, dimwit." I know that was a lie. But he started it.

Real mature, Gabi.

"WHAT'S GOING ON!" A booming voice startled us. Holy pretzels. It was the principal. How convenient.

The crowd departed and there were just the two of us left. "Aren't you two supposed to be in class?"

"Um sir," I started .

"DETENTION! BOTH OF YOU"

I knew this was coming. So I roll my eyes out of habit, momentarily forgetting that the principal was standing in front of me.

"Oh no no no. Don't you roll your eyes at me Ms. Peters. You may think you're the King and Queen of this school and whatever you do or say will have no consequences whatsoever, but that isn't the case. I've had enough. Double detention."

My eyes widened but I got them back to normal at once, who wanted three detentions? But Gosh damn this man.

I heard Tyler chuckling. Guess he didn't know even chuckling makes the guy mad.

"You think it's funny don't you Mr.Martins. Well, why don't you join Ms.Peters in detention tomorrow. Okay, done. Good day both of you"

And just like that, he walked off, whistling, might I add. What the flip just happened?

I looked at Tyler's face and started laughing. Where's the smirk that never left his face, oh right, it's been turned into a frown.

**********

Sitting in detention was so boring. Not at all like the story book ones where the teacher slept and the children were all on their phone, oh no. Our teacher was wide awake and eyeing us like she wanted us for dinner and she was thinking how to cook us.

I muffled a laugh at the thought of her about to cut Tyler into pieces and his sweating and scared face.

Ouch I'm evil.

"Excuse me, Ms. Is something funny? I think we'd all like a joke about now."

"Um, no Ms.Johnson. Nothing at all. I'm sorry"

*******