Greenteeth

I looked around the house, shocked, from the outside it easily could have been mistaken for a shack.

"One must not lurk in doorways, it's incredibly rude." She said with a laugh. I knew that stepping into her home was a bad idea but I had to, there was no turning back for me now. I stepped inside and the door closed behind me.

"Oh, come, sit, I'll make you something to drink, yes?" She said as she headed through an archway to a different room.

"No, but thank you." I said to her. I looked around the room, trying to find something that stood out but nothing screamed, 'Jack,' or 'Run!'  The only odd thing was the raven feather she had resting on a book next to her cauldron. I carefully walked over to the book and noticed that it was a book on supernatural creatures. The page she had it turned to was about the Phoenix. I looked at the feather and then at the page, not entirely sure what to think before I realized that the feather was that of a Phoenix.

"I see you noticed my feather, isn't it beautiful?" Greenteeth asked.

"It is." I answered. "Do you happen to know where it came from?" I asked, worried that she was holding Jack captive.

"Oh, I caught a raven earlier and thought it was a Phoenix, I just had Eve release the bird not to long ago." She said, I internally sighed in relief as I sat in a chair. She isn't here, she is safe. I thought.

Lie! All my animal forms shouted. I nearly jumped in my chair. They were really good about only talking one at a time, but if they all were agreeing that she was lying, I needed to figure out where Jack was and how to get her out of this house.

"Eve, I don't think I know of her." I said, trying to draw her attention away from the topic of Jack.

"Oh yes, Eve is this little girl that I found one day. I don't know why, but I didn't feel the urge to devour her, so I decided to keep and raise her. I constantly give her different serums that allow her to develop the abilities of creatures without their side effects. She's become quite the little monster." She said with a cackle. I must have flinched at the sound because she became offended.

"Do I sound funny to you, KING Louis?" She said sharply.

"No, not at all!" I quickly said, I needed her calm because I had to find Jack. "It's just that my wolf senses are over sensitive and your voice is so high pitched, I'm just not used to it yet." I said calmly, making it seem as if it was my wolf's fault for my reaction.

"Oh, well then, I am incredibly sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. It just happens you know?" She said as she became clearly antsy. I was still trying to figure out why she let me in and where Jack was, I hope she was okay, wherever she was.

***Jack's POV*** A/N: Isn't that the most used place to change scenes?

I was wandering around the room of drums filled with fluid. The fluids seemed to glow, but only faintly, but with all of them in here, it gave off an almost orange glow to the entire room. I continued trying to find another passage way through the home, but I was coming up empty. I couldn't hear anything down here, it was dead silent. Suddenly, I heard the trap door open and immediately went to hide behind one of the drums. I spooked a mouse but managed to catch it before it ran off, making any more noise. Using my abilities, I calmed the mouse down, but what I heard next spiked my nerves.

"Oh Jaaaaack." I heard a voice say. Immediately I recognized it as the raven haired girl. "I know you're down here!" She said with a soft giggle. It sent chills down my spine and I held the mouse close to my chest, hoping that it could help calm me down. "You want me to tell you a story?" She ask, the pitch in her voice growing higher and higher. "Once upon a time, there was a little girl, she was lost and all alone, but she wasn't worried, she knew she was special. One day, she came across a witch, immediately she knew that the witch could help her so she put a spell on the witch to make the witch not want to eat her. She used the witch to help her develop in her abilities and allow her to grow stronger because she couldn't do it herself. She stayed with the witch for thirteen years of her life before going out to finish off destroying the shifter race that had left her homeless." She paused, both in her story and her walking around the room, trying to find me. I started speaking to the mouse through the shifter link, trying to convince it to let me have it's form. It was my only way of possibly escaping. "Over the years, she brought creatures to the witch and had the witch extract the life source from them so that she could become stronger. All these creatures thought they were free, but trapped themselves in the labyrinth under the house. The labyrinth wasn't made of grass or walls, but of giant drums filled with souls, and every creature always found its way to the same spot in the labyrinth. This allowed the little girl to catch them and bring them back to the witch who would suck the life source from them and add their soul to a drum. All the little girl needed was the soul of a phoenix and she would live forever." She said with cackle.