Chapter Three

Felix's POV

"So, what is this about, Jack?" I said, sitting down as Jack sat down.

"I think you are the only one who can help me. And hopefully you won't make fun of me," He said.

We were both at a café. Jack had dragged me away right after the bell. I had told Cry that we were studying.

"What do you need help with?" I asked, looking at him.

"Uh, Mark has been going out with this guy." Jack began, "At first, I was worried about him. And then, after a while, I felt something take over me. He kept talking and talking about that guy. Then it hit me: I was jealous. And it's because... I like him, Felix, and not in a friend kind of way."

"So, you want me to help you get Mark?" I asked, confused.

"Yes and no." He responded, "I want you to help me be more comfortable with this kind of stuff. I want to ask him out."

Jack wanted to go out with Mark? Well, it was kind of a surprise but at the same time it wasn't. I kinda always knew Jack liked Mark, by the way he acted around him.

"Oh." I looked into his eyes with doubt, "But do you really want to change? What if he likes you the way you are?"

He smiled at me. "Not completely, I just need to know how to... be boyfriend material." Jack said reluctanly.

"So, you want me to help you with couple things?" I blushed, "I-I don't know if I'll be able to do that in front of our friends."

Jack's eyes got wide, "No! I wouldn't ask you to do something like that in front of Cry!" He also added in a mumbled voice, "I'd never live it down if Mark found out anyways."

"Huh?" My blush got a shade darker.

Why did he specifically have to say Cry's name? Did he think I liked Cry?

"It can be a secret between you and me." He said with a blush.

The waitress of the café came to our table.

"Sorry," she said, "I didn't want to interrupt you two, but are you ready to order?"

I suddenly realized we had come closer to each other. We never really knew of the misunderstandings we were already causing. To think we hadn't even started and already they had people believing we were a couple...

I responded first because Jack wasn't even sure if I was staying, "We'll be having couple like things."

"Huh?" The waitress and Jack asked.

"Everything from the drinks with two straws to food with two forks," I said calmly.

"Oh." The waitress blushed. "Okay. Right away! Ah, this is just so cute!"

She walked away having thoughts of the young couple. Jack looked at me, still slightly confused.

I smiled, "You have to know how couples eat to be in one, right?"

"So, does that mean you say yes?" He asked excitedly.

I took hold of both of his hands and nodded. We both had smiles and determination in our eyes.

*Next Day*

"Come on, wrap your arm around me!"

"U-um..."

I sighed. We were walking from school together. I grabbed Jack's arm and put it around my waist. He blushed. "There. Now your one step closer."

He bit his lip and looked down. "Do you think Mark will.... like me?" He asked. I smiled. "Duh, of course, after all I'm helping you." I said with a laugh.

"So... how's it going with you and Cry?" He asked. I tensed. "...Why do you always mention Cry?" I ask. He laughs. "What? Don't you like him?" He asks. I blush and stop walking. "N-no! I mean... well, yes but-! I-I just...." I stutter out, jumbling my words. Jack laughs a bit. "You like him, it's obvious." He says. I blush.

"Well, let's help each other then!"

It continued like this for the next few days. Jack and Felix would say that they were out to study, and then secretly help each other.