Chapter 10- The Jail Life

Nathan's POV

It's been fucking thirty days in this shit hole. I hated every second i was in the cell and i was pissed with Anna. I knew it was her who called the cops on me because she was the only one who knew about what i did. Now i lay on a hard ass bed, and i eat food that should be given to the poor. I spend everyday sleeping my life away because i still couldn't process it in my head completely that i was in hell.

I got into three fights already and i have only been here for 2 and a half months. I was walking to my cell with the guards right behind me when the guy who delivers letters shouted "Danny, Jeff, here are a couple of letters for the inmate". One of them grabbed me tightly while the other turned around to grab them. He walked back over and threw me in the cell. He uncuffed me and handed the letters to me as he locked the cell.

The first Envelope said "From mama", the second envelope said "from your fellow brothas" and the last one said "From Anna". I shrugged my shoulders and then screamed what when i realized what that really said. Did that really just say Anna? I hope this is just a dream and i am just imagining things. I looked at it again and it read the same thing again. I decided to open that one first and read it.

Dear Nathan,
I know it sounds weird to be hearing from me but i just wanted to say a few things to you. You used to be my best friend until you turned into a monster who frightened me. I loved you, i really did, but i couldn't continue because you abused me and so much more. I wanted to let you know that things are going great for me and that I'm not afraid to go outside anymore. I'm not going to lie, you were killing me on the inside and finding my weakest spots but i turned out just fine while you're in hell. I can't say i hate you because it is such a strong word but i can say Fuck you. You tried so hard to tear me apart and now I'm living the life with amazing people. Next time, don't be so selfish and a dick.
Your worst enemy,
Anna

My mouth dropped as i read it and i could not believe my eyes. Did she seriously just write that to me. Not once did she even say sorry to me or mention how i tried to make things up to her. What a bitch, i hate her. I don't care how i felt about her, things have changed now and it's bullshit. If it wasn't for her, i would not be in here and i should have done more things to her. Everything is her fucking fault and now i am stuck here.

I stopped ranting about her after about two minutes. I was so furious with Anna that i could murder her. I didn't give a shit about her anymore, i was over her. After i calmed down a little but, i opened the one from my beautiful mama.

Dear Son,
It has been months since i have seen your handsome face and heard your voice. Your father and i are very disappointed in you, but we love you very much. Nothing is the same without you here and we will come to visit you when we have the chance. I hope that all of this will teach you a lesson. We pray that you become a better young man and grow and continue to become mature. Please stay on your best behavior so that you will not have any jail time added. We will see you soon sweetheart, hang in there. We miss you a lot and can't wait to see you.
Love,
Mom and Dad

I cried my eyes out when i read the letter from my mom and dad. I sat on the hard bed and just thought about everything they have done for me and i betrayed them by doing stupid things to a girl who wasn't worth it. My chest hurt from the pain that i felt when all of the memories ran through my head. I tried to put my head up and stop crying because i didn't want to look like i was a pussy. I stared at the third later for a few minutes before i opened it.

Dear Brother,
Aye man how are you? Ha the whole football team is thinking about you and how fucking stupid you are man. We have won every game and are the new undefeated team. We never did get a replacement yet but since we cant break the rules, we hired some kid to just sit there on the bench and look like a player. Maybe we will all meet up with you one day when you're out of jail and we can start a team for fifty year olds. Well we will never forget you dude and we just hope that nothing else goes wrong for you. Stay rad bruh and get all the ladies. ;)
Sincerely,
The Football Bros

I sat there and laughed my ass off after reading that and couldn't have been luckier to have them as my friends. They always supported me through everything and i loved that they did that. I knew i couldn't keep the letters so i put them in my pocket and threw away the envelopes to make the guards think i didn't keep them. I hope that someday i meet with everyone i care about in the future when i am out but i am most likely to be here for the rest of my life.