Chapter 9- Recovering

Within the hour that i got home, i called the cops and told them everything. The next morning, i turned on the news which was unusual for me but i did it anyways. I was about to turn it off because i was getting bored of it but then something caught my ears. I hear the news reporter say "Yesterday afternoon, a young man named Nathan Sotella was arrested for Rape, Sexual Harassment, Kidnapping, and Psychotic actions. He will be sentenced for 45 years" my jaw dropped as i stared at the t.v.

My heart filled with security and i didn't know what to say. I prayed to god and thanked him for protecting me and for everything else. I was so relieved that i was safe and that he wasn't in my life anymore. I can finally breathe. I ran upstairs and pulled out the diary and tore out every page and threw them into the fire place. I started a fire and watched them all burn. I said to myself "This i a new beginning. This is my chance to start over". I couldn't be happier that this was happening, it was a miracle.

It's been months now since the last incident with Nathan. I felt relieved that i was able to calm down and make new friends. I got into a club at school, i turned sixteen and have my license, i became happier than i was. It was all coming together and the best part was, my mom let me stay with Austin for the summer. I did so many crazy events happening in my life and they never seemed to stop. I made up all of the work that i missed for the days i was absent and got my grades up.

My parents gained my trust again and i apologized for everything. My family became better and we traveled to really cool places. The only problem with all of these good things happening is that it seems to easy. I feel like i wont just like that and no one found out what happened to me except my friends and family. I wasn't settling for complete security nor happiness just yet. I was calm though, l always keep my personal life on a low key. I just do not want to see what is going to happen next. 

Austin's POV

I was happy for Anna when i heard the news about Nathan getting arrested. The little asshole deserved it and if he hadn't gone to jail then i would have to beat his ass. I was worried that Anna was going to being tortured and not even tell anyone. Her personality has always been that way and i never figured out how to get her to not do that to herself. I got to watch her become better as she did a lot of things to recover from the incident and be happy. 

I spent the whole summer with her and it was great. She never once talked about what happened or showed a sign that she was upset. I always checked up on her during the night to, to make sure she wasn't secretly upset. Anna is so quiet but when she is comfortable, she will talk about her whole life. I just think she needs to put herself out there more. Summer was ending now and Anna only had one more week left. I spent every second of everyday with her and i wish it could always be that way because she's fun to be around and keeps me company. I hope that this school year will be good for her.