Chapter 3 - It's getting worse

The bell had just rung to go to class, but i didn't even care. I stood there in shock asking myself if what just happened was real. I held back the tears and pretended that i was okay when i really wasn't. I have to admit that i am not surprised something like this would happen to me. I did hide something big but i thought i was protecting myself and others from something horrific. I will never forgive myself for what i did because now i have nobody to go to.

My diary was getting full of letters to myself and how i felt each and every day. I never went back and read any of them because it would just add to the pain i currently have. Everyday i would check to see how my bruise is doing and it got better by the month. I still haven't told my parents what has happened and i'm afraid that they will find out. I was even more scared that somebody would see my diary when i wrote at school. The only reason i would write at school is because i lost all of my friends and my diary was the only thing i had left.

School ended five minutes ago and i was walking towards the gates. As i was walking out of the gates, i saw him; by him i mean Nathan. My heart stopped and my stomach dropped like i just fell off a cliff. He was with the football team and i was glad he was distracted. I started to walk faster so that he wouldn't notice me but of course he turned his head and saw me. I saw him mumble to a friend and then he started to walk towards me.

 I tried to walk faster so that he could never catch up to me but before i knew it, he grabbed my arm. "Anna?.." I paused and let silence fill the distance between us. I turned around to face him "go away, i don't want to talk to you." i said frightened. He dragged me fast to his car and whispered in my ear "Get in the car, we need to talk." Before i could even answered, he opened the door and shoved me into the passenger seat. He shut the door and walked over to the other side.

I tried my best not to show that i was scared. I had a lump in the back of my throat and i kept twiddling my thumbs with my hands crossed. He got in the car and stared at me with a smirk on his face. "Buckle up sweetheart, we're going for a ride". Just hearing those words broke me and brought me to reality. A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it off with his thumb "Don't be scared, i just want to talk to you alone where no one else can hear" he replied in a nervous tone.

I called my mom and told her that i was staying to do some homework in the Library. She would kill me if she found out that i was lying to her to sneak off with a boy. We got there around 4 p.m and i was terrified. He parked the car in front of this old shed and got out. He came around and opened the door for me like he usually did but that didn't make me change how i feel about him. I got unbuckled and walked up to the door of the shed. "What is this place Nathan?" i said calmly. He just looks at me and motions me to go inside. 

I sat down on an old bench and waited for him to come over. "Just wait here really quick while i go get something" he stated in a deep tone. I gulped and started to shake, and all i could think that this was a huge mistake. I kept my eyes open this time and made sure that nothing odd was going on. I sat there for about five minutes before he came back out. He had a smirk on his face like he was just talking to somebody. I stood up and walked over to him. Before i could say anything he pulled out a metal tool and hit me in the head.