It Started With A Kiss - Chapter 12

"Why aren't you wearing your jacket, and why are you wearing a skirt?" Asked my overly-concerned best friend, Sharmaine.

"I forgot okay I was in a hurry this morning and I thought it wasn't cold. You know I don't watch the news." I responded as I shivered at the cold November weather. Yes, a month has passed since the first day of school. A lot of things has happened from the past month.

Turns out Jordan was permanently teaching at school. He was now our new English teacher, replacing Mr. Fuller. That means Mr. Fuller only teaches Drama. I was upset at first, because now I only get to see Mr. Fuller once a day, with the exception in the hallway. But Jordan really did a great job at teaching. He's funny, smart, and also entertaining.. Better than Mr. Fuller I guess...

For Jacob, he and Vanessa broke up. I don't know why they did, but it was the main gossip here at school at the time. Even if they were the new students, they quickly gained the popularity group. What's worst about the break up though, Vanessa blamed me for everything. Everyday she would come up to my face and scream some non-sense things in front of everyone, but I wouldn't say anything back. I was too good for that.

As for Mr. Fuller, we never talked. Except for our upcoming play this December, he would tell me and Jacob how to pronounce this word and that, or how to improve our acting. But other than that, he never talked to me, nor even tried to. I guess the slap was a little bit too much.

Hold on... What the what? Did I just notice this? The first letter of the guys I care about, starts with a J?

My best friend Joe, then Jordan, then Jacob, and Joshua. What in the world? Do I have a thing for the letter "J"?

"You heard me, Daph?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly faced Sharmaine. We were now walking through our lockers up in the second floor, where Mr. Fuller and Jordan was at. "Huh?"

Shaii chuckled. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I didn't know what in the world she said, but I figured it out anyway. In front of me was Vanessa, stomping her heels towards me. She changed, she changed a lot. Her attitude, her appearance, just everything about her. She was still beautiful though, and nobody can deny that.

She had a black skinny jeans on with a pink tank top paired with a brown leather jacket. Her hair was in a pony-tail and her make-up was overly used.

Me and Shaii stopped in front of her in the middle of the hallway. Everybody's eyes were glued on the three of us, knowing what will happen next. I'm tired of this. I'm sick of this. It was now time to stand up for myself.

I let go of Shaii's hand and crossed my arms. I raised an eyebrow at her and asked, "What do you want now Vanessa?"

Vanessa let out a small laugh. "Oh so the slut can talk now? Weren't you tired of sucking Mr. Miller's dick last night?"

Everyone gasped, including Sharmaine. Vanessa had this grin on her face that everybody hated. I hated that grin, too.

Anger had boiled inside me, my knuckles were as white as now. I couldn't even see my face, but I know my face is red hot.

Satisfied with her own answer, Vanessa turned his heels around and started walking opposite from me and Shaii. I tried to calm myself down, but it was no use. My frustration had took over me. "We're not done yet, Vanessa."

She stopped. Everybody stopped. Vanessa turned around and faced me again. Her eyes were full of shock and confusion, including everyone else. "What?"

I chuckled and made my way towards her. "Are you deaf? I said, We're. Not. Done. Yet. Vanessa."

I said with a harsh tone, making Vanessa flinch. We stared at each other for a moment. Our faces were inches apart that I could hear her heavy breathing against me. Its like we're on a duel or something. I wasn't scared at her, I never was. I just don't want to ruin my reputation.

"Just shut the fuck up." She finally responded and backed away from me.

"Oh yeah? That's not what your mama told Jacob last night." I said, releasing my ghetto accent.

Everybody let out a laugh, including Sharmaine. They all knew Vanessa blamed me for everything that had happened. Some felt sorry for me, but some believed her though. Well I don't care.

"You little bitc-" Just as Vanessa raised her hand to slap me, another hand had blocked it.

"Enough! Daphne report to my room right now. Vanessa you're next. Until then, report to your first period while I give Daphne a piece of my mind. Everybody else, get to class now!" Screamed Jordan.

Uh oh. I'm in deep shit.