Chapter 22

Lacey's POV*

They broke apart and Jake's smile was so big I almost cried in happiness. Their foreheads were still leaning on each other's. He glanced at me and I gave him an encouraging smile, mouthing 'tell her you like her!'

He cleared his throat. "I really like you."

"Really?" Danica said.

He nodded with a shy smile.

"I like you, too." She laughed. "I've liked you for like 3 months or something."

"This is just great. It'd be even better if my sister and her best friend wasn't staring at us right now..." He looked at us and Tyler and I immediately burst out laughing like hell.

We both sighed and stood up. "We'll leave then!" Tyler said.

"Oh, you don't have to!" Danica pulled away from Jake and he frowned.

"Oh, yes we do." I laughed and pulled Tyler's hand and lead him to my room.

I peeked at them one last time before I closed the door and saw that they were kissing again. Aww! I locked the door.

"You little magician, you!" I waggled my finger at Tyler, who was already laying down on my bed.

"Guilty," he shrugged and extended his arms for me.

I laughed and jumped on his tummy, laying in top of him.

"Umph! You didn't have to jump..." He winced.

"I'm excited!" I laughed and attempted to roll off him but his arms around my waist held me in place.

"Stay." He pouted.

"Why should I?" I smiled down at him.

"Because I want you to." A small smile crept on his face.

I laughed. "How can I say no to that face?" I said while bringing my palm up to his cheek.

"I really don't know..." He shrugged and brought his hand to mine, intertwining our fingers.

I smiled at our hands and sighed in contentment. I love this. My tummy is still getting butterflies, though.

I figured I'd just have to get used to them so I let it go. Damn butterflies will go away someday, I thought.

I placed my head in the crook of his neck and nuzzled into him.

"Love you," he sighed.

"Love you more." I said in a sing-song voice and kissed his neck.

"I doubt that..." Was the last thing I herd before I slept, not even bothering to change to normal clothes.

Tyler's POV*

Sigh. She fell asleep on me and I let her. It feels weird to sleep with my shirt on... anyways... Sure, it hurts like hell that I'm totally in love with her and she doesn't feel the same, but I'm not giving up. I'm gonna get her.

I fell asleep after a few minutes of staring at her sleeping figure and listening to her steady breathing.

"Tyler?"

I opened my eyes to Lacey's worried expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked and hugged her closer.

She laughed and said, "I thought there was something wrong with you."

"Why's that?" I closed my eyes.

"'Cause I woke up before you." She laughed.

"Let's stay in." I groaned and flipped us over so I was on top of her.