Chapter 11

Lacey's POV*

Silence. It was eerily quiet. I continued to look at the ground and so did Tyler. I wonder what he was thinking.

I am so stupid! I can't believe I kissed him! Here! Now! Of all places of all the times!

Why did I kiss him, you may ask? Because it felt right. It felt like the right moment. Did I feel something while kissing him? Uh... yeah. Yeah, I think I did. And let me tell you, I have never been as confused as I am now... Do I like him? My best friend?

"Okay... So let me be the one to break the silence here... How long?" Carla asked.

Neither of us looked up. Neither of us answered the question.

After a few more minutes of silence, Tyler finally sighed and I saw him look up from my peripheral vision.

"How long what?" He asked.

"How long have you two been dating?" I heard Carla ask.

"We're not dating," I spoke up and finally lifted my head.

"Then would you like to explain what the hell was THAT?!" Laura said.

"We were just... I, uh..." I stuttered.

"We were caught in the moment, okay? It's happened a couple of times before and it doesn't mean anything to us. Right, Lace? Purely just caught in the moment..." Tyler said.

"Y-yeah. Doesn't mean anything..." Lie. That was a total lie. It hurt my heart to hear Tyler say it but who am I kidding? We made an oath... No Strings Attached.

"What do you mean 'It's happened before' ?!" Andrew exclaimed.

"Because we're like... always hanging out together and stuff." Tyler answered quickly.

He is such a good liar, even I almost believed him.

"And after all the times you guys have kissed, you didn't feel anything? Nothing? Nada? Blank? No feelings at all?" Frank asked.

I gulped because what I am about to say next will surely hurt, "Nothing. Like Tyler said, just caught in the moment." It accidentally came out colder than I intended. Why did I say it like that? Like I was mad? I am not mad.

Tyler took a quick glance at me and said... "Nothing."

The group continued to stare at us and we stayed there, letting them digest what they had just heard.

"So... Okay, let me just be perfectly clear. You two have kissed a couple of times, right? And it happens 'in the moment'? And you're telling us that during those 'moments', you two did NOT feel anything?" Carla said while making hand gestures.

I gulped again. I risked a glance a Tyler only to catch him make a quick glance at me as well.

In that brief moment where I saw his eyes, I saw something. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Oh, my God! You guys so like each other!" Laura screamed.

"No!" We shouted at the same time.

"Then why hesitate?" She fired back quickly.

"Because! We were... We were-" I said.

"Thinking. We were thinking, okay?" Tyler interrupted.

I wrapped my arms around myself because of how uncomfortable I was. I am not that good with confrontation.

"Okaaay...?" Frank said, unsure.

"I think we should jut sleep. What do you guys think?" Carla suggested.