Aching Emotions

Donnie's Pov

I ran towards Furia. I felt my heart going a million miles an hour. I slid onto my knees in front o f her. Her breathing was ragged and she was struggling to keep her eyes open. I lifted her head into my lap, a small smile graced her features followed with a sob. I could see cuts/scraps on her face, and a giant slash through her stomach from when Shredder struck her. Tears slowly poured from her eyes and down her face. 

"I-It hurts Donnie." She whimpered. I stroked her hair in between my fingers. 

"I-It's alright the pain can go away, just heal." I spoke strongly but on the inside I was breaking, I can't lose her. 

"No." She breathed out. 

"Furia please don't say something like it's better this way, because it isn't! I need you." My voice cracked and a tear slipped out of the barrier I had created. 

"D-Donnie when I say no I mean I can't" She whimpered, closing her eyes tightly. "My healing doesn't work anymore." More tears made their way down her cheeks. "D-Donnie I'm scared, I don't want to die just yet." She struggled to say, placing her hand on my shell. 

"F-Furia you won't I-I'll help you." My mouth felt dry and the whole world fell frozen around me. It was only me and her now. 

"Donnie please don't lie to me, especially when I'm too close." She whispered, finally opening her eyes again. "But before I leave I wanted to tell you how I feel..." She paused wincing. "Donnie!" She cried out loudly, closing her eyes, and latching onto me. My eyes were wide, one or two tears streaming down my face. "Donnie every time I'm around you I feel nervous, when I see your face I can't help but smile, the worst part of leaving this life is leaving you." Her eyes flew open and she cradle my cheek in her hand. I was frozen. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I'm so so sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you or your brothers. If I wasn't such an idiot we wouldn't be in this mess." She cried. "D-Donnie I-I love you!" She screamed out and slowly placing her lips into mine. More tears streaked down her cheeks. I leaned into the kiss. It wasn't a rough or forced kiss, no this was a passionate kiss. She had been holding back so much and now she was finally letting go. 

Then out of no where I felt her go limp in my arms, slipping away from my lips. My eyes widened and my mouth slowly dropped open. 

"No, Furia." I sobbed out. " I didn't get to tell you how I feel." I whispered to myself. I felt the barrier I had taken forever to build disappear. I felt my heart thumping, thumping painfully in my chest, it hurt so much. Tears flowed freely down my face. My face held a pained expression, full of sadness. I put my head down into her stomach, sobbing loudly. 

Why couldn't it have been me, I should have gotten to her faster, its all my fault she's dead. She was just... I stopped crying immediately as I felt her chest rise, s-she...she's breathing. I stood up abruptly, wiping the tears away, putting on a stone hard face. I lifted Furia into my arms slowly. I turned to see all my brothers shocked and tears of their own. April and Casey were also crying. I pushed past them, same blank face. Then I ran, took off, not saying a word. I jumped into the nearest sewer whole and to headed to the lair. I got their rather quickly. I breathed heavily that my lungs were aching, but I didn't care all that mattered was Furia. I ran into my lab quickly, not worrying about closing the door. I placed her carefully onto my lab table, hooking her up to all the machines.

"Don't worry Furia I got you now." I brushed my finger along her cheek, smiling sadly. I grabbed my tools and started to clean her cuts. Then I started to stitch her wound. I could hear the group running into the lair out of breath. I didn't care, I ignored them and continued to work. Quickly but carefully. I felt sick but I ignored it and kept the same blank expression on my face. I heard three people run in the lab. I didn't turn I continued to work. I heard her line go flat and the gasps of the other people in the room. I didn't freak out, I just started what I needed to do. 

"Clear!" I shouted as I forced the defibrillators down. You could hear the steady beating of the machine start again. I went back to stitching.

Leo's Pov

I watched as Donnie returned Furia to a steady heartbeat. His face was blank, he seemed so determined. I was so sure that not having them be together was the best thing for the team but now I know it's not. I mean just look at what happened. I watched as Donnie carefully and precisely stitched her up. He didn't seem sad at all. He was serious, no other expression. He didn't even break a sweat. Donnie seemed almost pissed off, but why? I mean I'm angry at Shredder too but he looks like that not what he's mad about. I watched as he finished and backed away looking at his work. He let out a loud breath and then he fell onto the ground. My eyes went wide and I gasped as Mikey screamed. 

Donnie's Pov

As I finished I took a step back. My inch of body ached, my heart ached, there was so much pain. I felt tired, dizzy, all together not good. Everything hurt but then all of it was suddenly numb, no pain, no nothing. I didn't feel anything.  I let out a huge breath, feeling better. I felt my eyes getting heavier and the room sway. The last thing I remember is colliding with the floor. 

Casey's Pov

I watched as Donnie hit the ground, hard. My eyes went wide, I thought he was just handling the situation well but apparently he's more stressed than the rest of us, he was just hiding it. I ran forward, pulling him up, leaning him up again the leg of the lab table. I reached into my my bag pulling out a bottle of water. I opened it quickly and splashed it into Donnie's face. He woke up gasping, like he couldn't get any air. Sweat was pouring down his face, or was that water? He wiped it off quickly. 

Donnie's Pov

I stood up, only to feel dizzy and fall again. What is wrong with me?

 Casey tried to help me but I shooed him off. 

My breathing was hitched as I tried to get enough oxygen to satisfy my lungs. Tears were stinging at my eyes but I refused to let them fall. My mouth felt dry, I swallowed hard. I took a deep breath standing again, I didn't fall this time. I started to walk towards the door. I just have to stay strong until I get to my room. I almost made it. Almost. I stepped one foot out the lab, only to fall hard onto the ground. My eyes felt heavy, really heavy

 I felt like I could get sick any moment. The world was spinning and twisting. Everything turning blurry. I heard someone run to my side. 

"Donnie?!" I didn't know who it was, it was way too blurry. "Donnie?!" My eyes shut fully and the world went black.