Two

"Dean, I wasn't being serious when I said you could be late. You're my ride. You have to make sure I get there on time. What you do afterwards doesn't concern me." Sam groaned as he aggressively shook his brother. "That's it, I'm getting a bucket of water."

"Your petty threats don't scare me." Dean mumbled against his pillow as Sam left the room.

Sam returned with a pitcher full of water and stood by the bottom of the bed. "You gonna get up?"

"You're not gonna do it. So no."

Sam threw the pitcher forward and splashed the water all over his brother. He bolted out of the room afterwards, shutting the door behind him. He knew Dean would be pissed. But pissed and on time is better than happy but late. He mentally counted down in his head, waiting for Dean's explosion. Three, two, one.

"Sam! I swear to god I'm going to kill you."

Sam sat at the table smirking to himself and waiting. "Oh, calm down. It's Friday, Becca and Zach's annual 'Start of School Party' is tonight. That's something to look forward to."

Dean marched out in the kitchen and smacked Sam on the head. "We're even for today. Only because I know that party is going to be awesome."

They rode to school in silence. Dean still hadn't forgotten what Sam planned to do today. And it made him uneasy. Sam's study hall was right before lunch and science was after that. Classes were shortened slightly so there was time for clubs at the end of the day, so maybe they wouldn't get a chance to talk.

But Dean was wrong, Sam had texted Cas before the school day even started and told him to sit next to him in study hall. Luckily they were still close friends after the break up so it wasn't awkward or anything.

Cas walked in with a few of his senior buddies, chuckling at whatever they just said. He saw Sam and parted from the group to sit with him. Sam thought he saw him release someone's hand, but figured he'd seen wrong. Cas walked over with a smile.

"Hey Sam, what ya been up to? Didn't really get a chance to talk much this summer."

Sam smiled, glad that Cas was so friendly. "School, Jess, more things to do with school. Someone said sophomore year was the hard so I wanted to be prepared."

"I bet you studied or at least looked at all the curriculum you're supposed to study this year."

"Guilty as charged." Sam chuckled.

Cas nodded as he took out a textbook and notebook from his bag. "So you said you needed to talk?"

"Yeah..." Sam paused, he wasn't sure how to word this. "If it's okay, I'd like to ask what your feelings are about my brother."

Cas looked at him with a confused expression, but nodded anyway. "Well, I don't hate him if that's what you're asking."

"Thank God," Sam mumbled in relief.

"I mean there's part of him I hate, but I've learned to get over it. I still think he's a great guy and I hope we can get back to the point of having normal conversations again. I don't want him to be mad at himself forever."

"So would you ever consider dating him again? I mean. Not trying to be weird or anything..."

Cas scratched the back of his head nervously. "Well I don't want to say no, but I can't exactly say yes."

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm not exactly available to be manipulated by Dean Winchester's good looks and bedazzling personality. I'm in the pre stages of a relationship."