Chapter Thirteen

Here, have this shitty chapter. My PJO muse has been silent lately, so I am taking a small break. NOT A HIATUS! Just a break! I won't abandon my baby.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhang circled around the large group of monsters. A hellhound and a lamia were fighting over a piece of discarded armor, and Hazel clapped a hand over her mouth. The daughter of Pluto looked at her boyfriend with wide eyes.

"Frank," she whispered. "That's Dakota's armor."

The archer's brow furrowed. "How? We just saw him. And I doubt that he would willingly give his protection to the enemy."

"No, he wouldn't. Which could mean-"

Whatever Hazel had been about to say was cut off by a low hissing sound. A golden-eyed mist rose from the body of one of the harpies, briefly forming the shape of a man. Then it slipped into a hellhound and dissapeared.

"Eidolons." Frank whispered.

"They could take over anyone." Hazel nodded.

"Well, except for us," Frank pointed out. "Piper made them swear not to."

"But we aren't crew members any more," Hazel replied nervously. "The Argo II is gone, remember?"

Frank frowned. "Nico's going to want to hear about this."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please, stop!" Tony begged. The billionaire had climbed up onto the highest counter in the kitchen in a desperate attempt to save himself from the shadowy monsters that snapped at his heels.

"Nope." Nico said shortly, smirking as one of the zombies that he had brought up in the elevator (there was no earth in the tower) moaned and reached for Tony's foot.

The ghost king knew that they wouldn't actually hurt the man, just scar his pride.

From behind him Natasha laughed. "I think I like you, kid."

"High praise," Clint snorted.

Steve frowned. "You should let him down now."

With a small sigh as the Avengers ruined his fun, Nico snapped his fingers. The shadow monsters disappeared, and the zombie vanished along with them as he shadow travelled it back onto the street and into the ground.

Inwardly, Nico was exhausted. It was hard work summoning zombies and controlling shadows all at once.

But outwardly, he was practically glowing. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time.

That is, until a shimmering patch of air blipped into existance in front of him.

"Nico. We have something to tell you." Frank was frowning.

Ignoring the Avengers's stunned faces, Frank proceeded to explain the situation.

When he was done, Nico slashed a hand through the mist. Then he turned to the Avengers.

"We have a problem," Nico announced.