Chapter One

I am not Rick Riordan, therefore I do not own. NOTE: Leo and Calypso have returned from Ogygia.
____________________________________

Nico di Angelo sat in the Big House, arms crossed and an angry scowl on his face. The effect was slightly ruined by the fact that he was sitting in a bright purple armchair that was covered in grapevines that glowed different colors. It was the only chair left, as the others were occupied by the Seven, as well as several other cabin counselors (as well as Thalia, who was visiting).
Chiron had called them in to discuss what was apparently an urgent matter. Not Giant War bad, but still problematic. However, despite the fact that the centaur was the reason that they had gathered in the first place, he had only just now shown up.
"Counselors, I have some grave news," he announced. "Atlas has escaped from his prison."
Annabeth's eyes widened. "How?"
"We do not know." Chiron replied. "But I already have help from a former camper."
"Who?And how can they help us with Atlas?" Hazel asked.
"His name is Nicholas Fury, son of Nemesis. He is the head of a mortal agency called SHIELD, that deals with terrorists and metahumans. They recently helped create the group known as the Avengers."
There was complete silence, punctuated only with Clovis's snoring.
"No way." Jason summed up their thoughts.
Chiron lookd amused. "I assure you, Mr. Grace, it us all true."
"So how are we going to work with him?" Piper asked.
"I am going to send one of our most powerful demigods to join the Avengers."
Everyone's mouths dropped open (except for Clovis, who was still asleep, and Nico and Hazel, who either didn't know who they were or did not care). The assembled counselors gave each other excited looks.
"So, who are you sending?" Lou Ellen asked, bouncing up and down in her seat.
"I have decided to send Nico di Angelo to join the Avengers."
Nico jaw dropped. He sputtered for a few seconds before finding his voice.
"Why me?" He asked. "Why not Percy, Jason, Frank, Annabeth, or pretty much anybody who isn't me?"
Percy shook his head. "I've been on enough quests for a lifetime."
"Me too," Annabeth added.
"I have my role as Pontifex to fulfill." Jason pointed out.
"I have duties as Praetor at Camp Jupiter." Frank explained.
Jason grinned at him. "Besides, you deserve it. You'll get to work with the Avengers, which is pretty cool."
"Yeah, Tony Stark has, like, the best tech in the US. Can you nab some for me?" Leo asked, eating a cracker covered in Cheese Whiz while Calypso looked on in disapproval.
Will leaned forward, eyes ernest. "Do you want to go on the quest? Because if not I'm sure that we can find somebody else."
Nico frowned. Truthfully, he did want to go. But there were so many other people far more worthy of it than he was, like Cecil, Lou Ellen, or Clarisse. And he didn't want to leave Will...
But they were counting on him. Nico made up his mind.
"I'll go." He said.
Chiron smiled. "Excellent. I will notify Director Fury."
____________________________________

The next few days were full of packing, and saying goodbye to some of his friends. Nico had been surprised that people wanted him around, and even more so that he wasn't forgotten about once Leo returned with Calypso.
He was also secretly delighted that Will had shared his feelings, and they started dating soon after the Second Giant War ended. Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Thalia, and Reyna had all given his new boyfriend a very long talking to (read: threatening session). Nico hadn't been particularly thrilled with them about that.
There was a van with the words Delphi Strawberry Service written on the side waiting for him at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill. Nico had his backpack on, and his small black duffel was slung over his shoulder. Percy, Jason, Thalia, Hazel, and Will were standing beside him, waiting to say good bye.
Thalia ruffled his hair. "Have fun, Death Boy."
Percy grinned. "Take care of yourself, Neeks. Remember that food is an important bodily function."
Hazel gave him a small hug. "See you soon."
Annabeth squeezed his shoulders. "Play nicely with the other kids. Even if they insult you, don't send them to the Underworld."
Jason gave him one of those weird man handshake-hugs. "Say 'hi' to the Avengers for me."
That just left Will. Before he could say anything, Jason grabbed the others and dragged them off back to Camp Half-Blood. Will gave him a hug and a kiss.
"Don't use too much shadow-powers stuff, okay? And try to come back here in one piece."
Nico smiled. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. It hurt his face less and less every time. "I make no promises."
Then with one more hug, Nico started down the hill to where Argus was waiting with the van.
____________________________________

When Argus pulled up to the building, Nico saw that there was a man waiting outside. He had brown skin and an eyepatch, and was wearing a totally non-suspicious black trench coat. Nico guessed that this was Nick Fury.
Nico stepped out of the van, grabbing his bag. The man gave him a once-over.
"Are you Nico di Angelo?" He asked.
"Yes."
The man nodded. "My name is Nick Fury. Follow me."
The son of Nemesis led the Ghost King into the building. Nico glanced at the strangers going about their business. Fury turned to him once they were deeper inside.
"From now on, everything you see is classified." He led Nico through a set of large, glass doors.