Chapter Four

I finally saw Age of Ultron, but this story is absolutely set before it. Also, is anybody else still reeling from the emotional damage of A Tale of Two Stans? I have some Gravity Falls stories that I've written, if you want to check them out. Yeah, self-advertising! I am such an ass sometimes.
------------------------------------------------------
"Bullshit," Stark said immediately. "We already have to deal with Asgardians, now we have to believe in Greek Mythology too?"
"Don't speak that way about the forces that govern your lives," Thor warned. "Several of your so-called legends are far more true than you realize."
"How did you know about this, Fury?" Rodgers asked. "If it's all a big secret."
"That's highly classified information."
Banner raised his hands in a time-out gesture. "I think we're all kind of missing the point here," he said. "Why did you suddenly decide that now was a good time to have a...half-god(?) join the team."
"Demigod," Nico corrected. "Half mortal, half Greek god."
"Thank you. But still, why do we suddenly need another member?"
"Are you familiar with the legend of Atlas?" Fury asked the Avengers.
They all nodded, except for Tony. The billionaire was still rather unsure of what myth they were talking about. "He's the bodybuilder who holds up the sky, right?"
"More or less. And he's escaped from his prison somehow," The ghost king answered. "Which means that you need a powerful demigod on your team if you want to defeat him."
"Powerful?" Stark snorted. "I know that you have all of those long titles that you tell people, but how do we know that you're not just making stuff up?"
Nico gave him a cold glare.
"I am not lying," the son of Hades hissed angrily. "I swear it on the River Styx."
Thor gasped, and loud thunder rumbled in the distance. Somehow, the Avengers knew that the Asgardian had not done it.
"What exactly was that?" Barton asked.
"If you swear on the River Styx, you can never break it. If you do, you'll find out that there are many things worse than death." Nico explained.
"Oh," the archer said rather uncomfortably.
"So, do you have powers?" Rodgers queried.
"Yes. All children of the Big Three do, as well as some of the other gods."
"Big Three?" Banner asked.
"Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. As well as their Roman aspects; Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto. They swore an oath not to have children after World War II, although Poseidon and Zeus have both broken it at least once since then."
"But how are you alive," Barton objected. "You can't be more than sixteen."
"That's a long story that I'd rather not get into right now."
"Well," Fury said."I trust that you know the names of the Avengers already, if your friends knowledge of the mortal world is anything to go by. Di Angelo, try not to kill any of them."
"You say 'mortal world'," Romanoff said, speaking up for the first time. "Why not just say ours?"
"That's classified information."