CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4

It has been 2 days since Mich left. Den is always crying, nililinis niya ang room ni Mich kahit wala namang kalat. But a good thing is hindi niya naman nakalimutan si Britt. One time I caught her fixing Mich's clothes.

I kissed her cheek "Babe, is Britt asleep?"

"Yes"

Liningon niya ako and then she started crying once again so I hugged her.

"Babe taha na"

"Arent you mad at me? I took away your daughter. Inilayo ko siya sayo. Ang sama sama kong ina. You are right, sending her away isnt a  way to discipline her but I still did it. Now I dont know how to face my daughter because she might hate me so much"

I kissed her forehead "Babe listen. Mich dont hate you okay? And your decision aint that bad. You know why? Cause she is doing good baby. Their school head called me and said Mich is doing better in school. Before she hates math not she excels at it. And I called mom, she said Mich is doing fine."

"I want her home Alyssa. I want Mich home"

I nodded "Okay. I will go to mom's house and fetch her okay? Dont cry"

"Thank you."

Pumunta kami sa kwarto and tamang tama dahil nagising na si Britt. Den fed her, kitang kita ko ang kinang sa mga mata ng asawa ko habang hawak ang anak namin. At alam ko na mas kikinang ang mga mata niya kapag nakabalik na si Mich. 

"Babe, I'll go na ha? Susunduin ko na si Mich"

I kissed her on her lips and Britt on her forehead "Bye princess. Pops will be out for a while to fetch Ate."

And I smiled widely when she smiled back.

"Take care Aly"

"I will babe"

Umalis na ako sa bahay and drive to Mom's house. Pagdating ko doon, I found Jess and Mich playing. Umalis si Jess going to USA for a business matter.

"Jess!"

"Ate!"

She hugged me "Andito ka na pala hindi ka man lang bumisita sa bahay"

"Well, I suppose to go there later to see my niece and Ate"

"You come with me na lang"

She nodded. Napatingin naman ako kay Mich na nakatingin lang samin. Lumapit ako sa kaniya.

"Princess arent you going to kiss pops?"

She kissed me on my cheek.

"You are going home na. Hindi ka ba happy?"

She nodded "I am"

"Are you still mad at mommy and pops baby?"

She shook her head.

"I will just go upstairs to fix my clothes"

Then she walked away together with her doll. Umupo sa tabi ko si Jess.

"What happened ba Ate?"

"Well nagbago si Mich when Britt came"

"So you decided to send her away?"

"Yes. Den thought it would be nice to do it. And I thought it is too, because she has better grades and mom said she is doing fine but seeing her now makes me think twice if she really is okay. Siguro nga mas makakabuti na nasa bahay siya"

Jess nodded "Maybe you just need to show her that you still love her despite of having Britt now"

I smiled. Kinuha ko na ang gamit ni Mich and we drove home. Tahimik lang siya. Hindi niya kami iniimik. She is just playing with her doll. Pagdating sa bahay nakita ko na nakaabang na si Den sa labas ng bahay. Buhat buhat niya si Britt. I parked the car at agad na bumaba si Jess and hugged her sister.

"Jess!"

"Ate!"

"How long have you been here?"

"Well last week lang. So this is my niece?"

Agad niyang kinarga si Britt. Napatingin si Den kay Mich kaya napatingin din ako sa kaniya. Tinitingnan niya si Jess at Britt then she rolled her eyes and went inside.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Den and I smiled to her. Pumasok na kami at pinaghanda ni Den si Jess. Pumasok ako sa kwarto ni Mich at naabutan ko siyang naglalaro ng doll niya.

"Hi princess"

Tumingin siya sakin pero agad niyang binawi yun. Sinara ko ang pinto at umupo sa tabi niya.

"Are you still mad at pops and mommy?"

Hindi niya ako sinagot. Naglaro lang siya ng naglaro.

"Baby, I'm sorry if we sent you away. Pero kahit ganoon ang nangyari mahal na mahal ka namin ng mommy mo. And also Britt."

Hindi niya pa rin ako tinitingnan. I sighed and kissed her on her forehead. "I'm sorry baby. I love you so much"

Tumayo na ako at iniwan siya doon. Pumasok ako sa kwarto namin ni Den to take a bath when I saw our family picture. Wala pa si Britt nun. Ang gusto ko lang maayos na ang pamilya ko. Yung magkasundo na kaming lahat.