Jericho wasn't one for parties, especially parties like this particular one, but he knew that if he would have stayed home, the bad memories would have caught up to him. He didn't want to think about her, or the thought of her case being reopened. It had been almost four years, but a gruesome scene like that couldn't be forgotten -she couldn't be forgotten.

Tori Smith, beautiful young actress, bubbly personality, and deceased girlfriend of billionaire Jericho Maverick.

The two had met in a café on a cold winter day -the typical romance novel setting. They had been friends for over a year, before things got serious. They dated for almost three years, a seemingly happy match. They were the perfect couple on the outside, but behind closed doors -

"How are you holding up?"

Jericho glanced at his assistant and friend, Ethan -the host of the party. "I'm fine."

Both of them could see through his lie, but Ethan played along. It didn't matter if Ethan knew he was lying, because nothing he would say would affect Jericho in the slightest. The man was emotionally and socially closed off, with shields, layers and locks he kept everything hidden. On the outside he was well known billionaire and lawyer Jericho Maverick. After years of creating this shield, nobody knew what lie beneath -not even his siblings.

The two men watched the dancing crowd, their backs leaning against the expensive bar, drinks in their hands. It had to be at least the fourth drink Jericho had and he could feel the buzz kicking in.

"You didn't dress up." Ethan noted, he himself dressed in a blue outfit, white print on the shirt -Thing 1-.

Jericho glanced down at his black suit and expensive shoes. "MIB agent." He hadn't dressed up, but the excuse was good enough.

Ethan chuckled, pouring himself another drink.

"Where's thing 2 ?" Jericho asked. He might as well make conversation, rather than slipping into the old memories that were bound to come the second he was alone with his thoughts.

"Ella, she's dancing ... I think." Ethan replied, while searching the crowd for his twin sister.

"There she is." Ethan pointed to the girl with the red costume, that matched her brothers, but had thing 2 printed on the front.

Ethan led Jericho through the dancing crowd over to his sister Ella, her girlfriend Victoria and ... Daisy. Jericho lifted a eyebrow at the cute costume Daisy was wearing, a faint smirk on his lips.

Daisy had a pair of black cat ears on top of her head, while dressed in black skinny jeans that hugged her lean legs and gentle curved hips. A striped shirt that showed off her arms and an inch of her lower back and flat stomach. The shirt was tight fitting, enhancing her thin waist and round breast.

The way she had her arms tightly wrapped around her midsection, gave Jericho the impression that the girl was uncomfortable in her figure-hugging clothes.

"Ladies, this is Jericho." Ethan introduced the three woman to Jericho.

Daisy gasped quietly, when her bright blue eyes met dancing silver ones.

"Daisy." Jericho smiled at the blushing girl.

There was something about Daisy that drove Jericho crazy -in a good way. She wasn't exactly the woman he would go for, but her blue eyes and timid nature had him focused on her from the second he met her. The beautiful blush that he would receive just furthered his attraction for the shy girl.

Daisy glanced behind her for help from her best friend Victoria or even Ella, but even Ethan and both woman had disappeared into the dancing crowd.