Chapter 27

Comment and Vote, xoxo

Bella walked off and Luke turned around, walking over to Ricky. He got on his knees, holding his arms out to hug Ricky after the boy stood and turned around.

Richard slipped around Luke and chased after his mum. Luke looked up helplessly at the lads, but they seemed to look away quickly and not care. They turned and followed Ricky into the house, telling him to leave Bella alone for a bit. Luke sat in front of the dirt patch, bringing his knees closer to him and burying his head in his hands as he began to cry.

He lost his family and it seemed like they were completely gone now, completely gone from his grasp. Everyone of them and it was all his fault.

"I just fucking hate myself," He muttered to himself, leaning against the fence on the side of him. He slammed his palm against the wood, he shoulders bobbing up and down as he cried.

Inside Bella stood in the living room tearing up a paper while Michael had set Ricky up in the kitchen with some Mac and cheese. Calum walked into the room, his eyes widening when he saw Bella.

Magazine shreds all over the place.

"Bella! What the hell are you doing?!" He asked, grabbing her wrists and forcing the rest of the papers out of her hands. She broke down for the hundredth time, leaning against Calum's shoulder crying hard.

"They're talking about my baby, Calum. Everybody is talking about my baby." She cried, "can't they just stop, can't they mind their own business? Do they not realize how tough this is?"

"I'm sorry love," Calum hushed, rubbing circles on her back. "I'm so sorry, it will get better soon."

She tightly wrapped her arms around Calum, her head resting on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I keep crying, it seems like the only thing I know how to do right now is cry...it's just hard, I'm not sure what to do with myself and it's so frustrating and upsetting. I'm sorry."

Calum sighed, holding Bella as tightly as he could. He kissed the top of her head, resting his chin there afterwards. "Please don't be sorry, it's okay to cry, I promise. You have plenty reason to be upset sis, it's okay."

Bella pulled away from Calum, smiling up at him. "I never say thank you for all the things you guys have done and do for me, so thank you. And I love you so much, Cal." She wrapped her arms around Calum for a quick hug.

"No problem and I love you too Bells," He chuckled softly, "Need anything?"

She shook her head, "I'm going to go talk to Luke if you guys don't mind, at some point I'll be back in to take care of Ricky. Sorry for leaving him with you guys so much it's just-"

"Shh, it's alright. We love Ricky. Now go." He chuckled, nodding towards the kitchen. Bella smiled, walking around him and heading towards the kitchen before he called her and she turned around. "I don't know what's going on with Luke, but that doesn't give him a reason to be an ass to you, remember that and if you need anything, you know where to find me."

Bella smiled and nodded, she walked through the kitchen, giving Ricky a kiss on the cheek and telling him she'd be right back on the way by. She stepped out the back door, spotting Luke sitting to the side of the yard curled up, clearly crying.

Bella kept my eyes down low, quietly walking over.

"Luke," She whispered, putting her hand lightly onto his shoulder.

He sniffled, looking up from his hands and quickly wiping his eyes with his sleeves. He tugged a smile on to his lips, which was clearly fake.

Bella sat down crisscross in front of Luke, leading her side against the fence.

"Can you talk to me?" She asked softly, placing her hand on Luke's knee, "Please."

Luke sighed, "About?"

"You. Tell me why you're not being like yourself lately." Luke stayed silent, just staring at Bella's hand on his leg.

"Luke," Bella whined,"I need you to talk to me, please tell me what's wrong."

He stayed quiet for a bit longer, glancing around. "Well we lost the baby."

"No, before that. When you left."

He scoffed, "I wasn't doing anything at the airport."

Bella glared at him, "Oh really Luke? Why do I even bother to try?" She spat, "So you're just turning into a complete asshole, fine with me. But I just want you to know that you're going to loose me by doing that."

He grabbed her face, pressing his lips to hers. Bella pushed back, before thinking her hand collided with the side of his face. Luke's eyes widened.

"I-" His hand on his cheek, "Bella I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass, oh my god, I don't want to hurt you. I-I don't know what's wrong with me."

Bella had stood and turned to walk away, but Luke had her hand and wouldn't let go.

"Your honestly scaring me, and I'd prefer that you don't scare your son, so please Luke, go get help...do something or we're done." Bella finally turned, looking down at Luke before he shuffled to his feet.

"I don't want to get help, it's not like I'm mental." He whined, holding her hand a little tighter, afraid she'd just float away.

"You don't have to be mental to get help," Bella sighed, "Luke, please do it, for your family. I'll go with you, I'll do anything you need me to do. But I need you to get help."

"Y-you'll come with me?" Luke asked quietly, looking down at his feet.

"Of course I'll come with you, I want you to change, I don't want you to be a douche." Bella squeezed Luke hand, getting him to look up at her.

"I love you." Luke said softly.

Bella nodded her head towards the house, "We should go inside now."